How not to make money trading the markets

This is a discussion on How not to make money trading the markets within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Not even using a coin most of the time, there's a flip coin function in the chatzy room we use, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 7, 2009, 2:40am   #41

Joined Jul 2008
Hotch started this thread Not even using a coin most of the time, there's a flip coin function in the chatzy room we use, but no, anything really.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:34am   #42
Joined Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia123 View Post
Germans are never wrong !!!
Never being wrong does not make you right either

I'm considering using this approach for my kids Child Trust Fund.

I'm sure it would do better than the 13% loss that the "Professionals" have made over the past year!
pips-galor888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:51am   #43

Joined Jul 2008
Hotch started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by pips-galor888 View Post
Never being wrong does not make you right either

I'm considering using this approach for my kids Child Trust Fund.

I'm sure it would do better than the 13% loss that the "Professionals" have made over the past year!
Don't do it!
Old Mar 9, 2009, 1:19am   #44

Joined Jul 2008
Hotch started this thread Don't know why I put orders on Friday night.

It is bad for the strategy, but more important it causes me a lot of hassle as I gap past the limit orders. Won't be done again.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:20pm   #45

Joined Jul 2008
Hotch started this thread Well currently account is at £565.07....or £573.27.

IG has the small amount, I guess they're right, I just can't find my error. Will have another look tomorrow. I'm getting far too lazy to put on calls. You can always come get them from chatzy, and if i figure out where the accounting error is I will post up some spread sheets.

For now though, I'm not sure what to do with this, I will continue, but I might change the rules somewhat.

Thoughts anyone?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 1:21am   #46

Joined Jul 2008
Hotch started this thread Yeah, some bad accounting on my part (still seem to have £3 from somewhere which I can't account for).

Anyway, balance is £575.16, and that seems to agree with my excel. Current positions are at roughly B/E

see what happens in the morning.

Hugs!
Old Mar 11, 2009, 2:00pm   #47

Joined Jul 2008
Apologies

Hotch started this thread Sorry for not keeping this up to date, am still trading it. Just want to find something with a few more trades, daily is a bit boring.

Anyway, attached is a spreadsheet with all the trades taken.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Random Trades.xls (29.5 KB, 372 views)
Old Mar 11, 2009, 3:59pm   #48

Joined Dec 2008
Well you are clearly mad ... and madly profitable.
Nice experiment
elitejets is offline   Reply With Quote