OANDA FXGame Trade

This is a discussion on OANDA FXGame Trade within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; At open today £642.47 and over night upto £729.84, just end session upto £801.09 I class open & close as ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 28, 2009, 2:45pm   #33
Joined Jan 2009
JDTRADER started this thread At open today £642.47 and over night upto £729.84, just end session upto £801.09

I class open & close as Midnight to Midnight, so since today 00:00 to now 13.43 made
£158.62 profit.

Heading back in the right direction and will trade again tomorrow, I have no open positions at this point.
JDTRADER is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 2:49pm   #34
Joined Jan 2009
JDTRADER started this thread [IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
Old Jan 28, 2009, 7:41pm   #35

Joined Dec 2008
Patience!!! Don't Chase Trades

Hi JD

Wait for the right price to reveal itself to you

Don't chase trades - Think like terminator - Think about your casualties and why they happened - Limit your trades to only 1 to 3 at a time and place your stops accordingly

Cheers
CC
c_c405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 1:22am   #36
Joined Jan 2009
JDTRADER started this thread Sometimes life is funny.

Picked up a fare last night and the guy was a TRADER !

Had a good chat and gave me his card and he is putting me on a seminar next week at ODL MARKETS.

So got home went to their site to find the basic account has not deposit minimum so put on £20 which will clear tomorrow.

So lets see how that goes lol Just for fun

Spread Betting | ODL Markets
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:01am   #37
Joined May 2001
Your account swings in percentage terms are massive. You are NOT ready for real cash account yet. I've been doing this for 10 years now and I feel lucky if I make between 0.8% and 1% in a week.

Save your money and keep with the demo - you WILL wipe out - only then can you start the 'reflect and review' process which will cause you to learn some basic math.

Steve.
stevespray is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Hoggums
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:29am   #38
Joined Jan 2009
JDTRADER started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevespray View Post
Your account swings in percentage terms are massive. You are NOT ready for real cash account yet. I've been doing this for 10 years now and I feel lucky if I make between 0.8% and 1% in a week.

Save your money and keep with the demo - you WILL wipe out - only then can you start the 'reflect and review' process which will cause you to learn some basic math.

Steve.
Yep its all a learning curve thats why I'm on the demo until I can be consistent, will jump into ODL next week for a bit of fun.

1% over a week I take it your not living off your account ?

Cheers for the imput all comments very welcome to me the newbie, I ready and willing to take on any advice.

Cheers and Good Trading
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:06am   #39

Joined Jan 2006
Have to agree with Steve. To be sustainable you have to limit risk. Making 10%+ a day means you are taking on high levels of risk.

It's all very well doubling your money in a week - I think anyone here could do that on a good week with risks - but to be successful over long term you have to reproduce profits week after week and not suffer a setback loss - that is where the real challenge of trading lies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend,
inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- G Marx.
Hoggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:08am   #40
Joined Apr 2008
Dude, Spread Betting | 200 Cashback!

Claim any losses you make on £200 if you need to.
KillPhil08 is offline   Reply With Quote