Nowler's Trading Journal

This is a discussion on Nowler's Trading Journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; On my way to the airport at the moment. I realised Sunday night that it was actually today that I ...

View Poll Results: After reading this journal, do you think Nowler will be a successful trader?
Yes 2 15.38%
No 4 30.77%
Not enough information yet 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 16, 2018, 1:04pm   #177
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread On my way to the airport at the moment. I realised Sunday night that it was actually today that I was flying out, not Monday... Oops. It's definitely a family thing because my siblings have made similar flight mistakes also. Just as well we are not pilots!

I've applied for over 25 jobs across the length and breadth of the nation, from education and prison officer jobs to PC repair and warehouse operatives. Going to register with a few recruitment agencies also and pick up an English number before I head back to Ireland for 2-3 weeks to tie up a few loose ends.

I can smell the opportunities already!

PS: If you see this bum wandering the streets. Give the poor fecker a job!
Attached Thumbnails
dsc_0182.jpg  
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Kaeso , Lee Shepherd
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:45pm   #178

Joined Feb 2012
You back yet

My secret: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQG1K_9Nvvk
cantagril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2018, 3:58pm   #179
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantagril View Post
You back yet
I sure am buddy! Yep
Unfortunately a dampener was put on the whole situation when I found out that one of my friends died while I was away. Normally in Ireland we bury our dead on day 3 but for some reason this was delayed and thankfully I made it home to see him off. So sad...32 years of age and died in hospital the night before his heart operation. A nice lad who leaves behind his fiance and 3 sons... one of them being 6 months old. It is what it is I guess. He certainly won't be the last of us.

On a positive note, I sorted out my national insurance number and got an English sim card. I met up with a guy who is looking to move his IT business solely into web design and he seems to have taken a shine to me He's willing to get me up to speed and then I can start making money, for both of us. This is great because I have been aiming to do this at some point. With this I can work remotely, which is awesome and fits perfect with my plans. Plus, I will happily sit in front of a screen all day

I was staying with my sister when over, which really helped! But when I go back in a few weeks I need to move into my own place asap because I can't handle living with her, her partner and their 2 year old (plus their 2nd is due in a few short months). I need my own space and I just cannot relax there. I might stay with them for a week when I go back but I'll be getting a loan before I leave to pay for a deposit and first month's rent. So really, if I can get paid employment within the first 2 weeks then I will be fine. It could take a month before I can make some money from the web design so perhaps get some bar work or something similar to keep me going until then. Or do both!

There is a position working with 16-25 year olds in a college and since I'm a male, that's somewhat sought after (most staff are female). I do however have a criminal record for low level stuff like drink driving, no insurance, possession of weed and a bit of harmless fooling around with the cops one night when I was drunk. I ended up with 120 hours community service for that one, lol...dry arses couldn't just take a joke I will likely apply and will also have to declare these. I am 30 now and these happened between the age 19-21...so hopefully they take into account my circumstances and how I turned things around. That wasn't easy.

I have not turned on my brokers platform since the 16th but have been doing some thinking in regards to trade plans and whatnot. Been listening the Ray Dalio's audiobook "Principles", which is very good FYI! It's been quite helpful when reflecting on who I am and why I do the things I do. Some great advice in there that I fully intend on implementing. Apart from that, I have been watching the news on this potential leverage reduction/margin hike...

I am as sick as a small hospital today after having far more than the 1-4 pints I was only supposed to have last night. The funeral this morning didn't help things either. I was close to just saying "fk it" and jumping into the coffin beside him to get a bit of shut eye
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.

Last edited by Nowler; Jan 27, 2018 at 4:03pm.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote