Nowler's Trading Journal

This is a discussion on Nowler's Trading Journal within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Nowler @ FXX Just finished that Ray Dalio audio book, Principles. Without hesitation I would give it ...

View Poll Results: After reading this journal, do you think Nowler will be a successful trader?
Yes 3 21.43%
No 4 28.57%
Not enough information yet 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:48pm   #181
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
@FXX
Just finished that Ray Dalio audio book, Principles.
Without hesitation I would give it a solid 5 out of 5.

I've recommended it to more than a handful of people already. Very worth it... Regardless of who you are (unemployed/employed, business owner/thinking of starting up, educated/uneducated)

If you are reading this message then go pick yourself up a copy! It's a solid investment, like the T2W FAQ Book
Its a brilliant book yeah, thanks for the heads up Nowler and FXX

i hope 2018 is going good for you both
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Nowler
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:15pm   #182

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
Its a brilliant book yeah, thanks for the heads up Nowler and FXX

i hope 2018 is going good for you both
You guys are going to make me read the book...
Frankly I think he is a bit crazy (from what I have read and saw about/with him) or should we say eccentric (as we say about crazy rich people :-)
so far I have been avoiding the book, but maybe I'll read it now...

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:56pm   #183
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
You guys are going to make me read the book...
You can listen to the Audiobook either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Frankly I think he is a bit crazy (from what I have read and saw about/with him) or should we say eccentric (as we say about crazy rich people :-)
so far I have been avoiding the book, but maybe I'll read it now...
I have no idea what he's like personally so I cannot comment as to that, but I got a lot of reinforcement of somethings and a new way of looking at other things from it. That alone made it very worthwhile for me. I wish I could get one of the lads I know to read it because he is so far off the mark that when he adds 1+1 he gets shoe (yes, shoe!)...I mean... he's a whole new level of wrong...

There are two parts to the book, Principles of Life, and of Work.
He talks a lot about Bridge Water and how they built it up and the path they took with it. The biggest reason I recommended this to people is for the Life Principles as it addresses a large part of the reason people fail at trading (and in so many other areas) but the Work Principles were very valuable to me also!
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote