Just a Journal (win or lose)

This is a discussion on Just a Journal (win or lose) within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; I proposed to start a thread in 2015 when FoMo was around, however, business commitments outside the trading arena contributed ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:40pm   #1

Joined Nov 2003
Just a Journal (win or lose)

I proposed to start a thread in 2015 when FoMo was around, however, business commitments outside the trading arena contributed to me being unable to get it off the ground, Ive adapted the format to reflect my current trading activities, which cover FX, Indices and Brent Crude.

Im certainly no expert, and will never profess to be one; I have a trading plan, I trade the plan per say, my trust in its ability to deliver the rewards implicit.

For a short period, I will run a trading journal here not for any egotistical purposes, but to demonstrate you dont have to sit in front of a screen for hours on end to be successful in the trading arena as a day trader.

I trade the 5 minute PA, any PA analysis above this period is of no interest to me, I will state my observations in advance of a potential trade (as I see it) what Im looking at etc, then if the move realises, I will quote my entry with stop and target, (these will not be a recommendation but will be intended for illustration purposes only.)

I trade 4 hours a day from 12.30 to 4.30 (GMT time) only, targeting between 100 150 point/pips a week.

I wont reveal the rules of my trading system, the purpose of the exercise is to demonstrate that with (any) robust trading system, it is possible to make trading a cash cow, even with limited trading hours and leave you free to do something more far interesting than trading.

I will be starting this thread from Tuesday 1st November 2016, if you wish to join me feel free, all I ask is that we keep the thread civil, polite, jovial and hopefully enjoyable.

Regards Rob (aka Dinos)
Dinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: itspossible , darktone , myattitude , mb325 , swissy , Oscar Reed , wackypete2 , timsk , be-positive , cbrads , piphoe
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:50pm   #2

Joined Jan 2015
Sounds like a journal I'd enjoy reading. Good luck!
myattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: piphoe
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:06pm   #3

Joined Nov 2003
Go gerem sir
Gl
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:16pm   #4

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by myattitude View Post
Sounds like a journal I'd enjoy reading. Good luck!
me too, go ahead Dino's
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:13am   #5
Joined Sep 2008
Good to see you back, Rob! Good luck with the new thread

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2016, 8:49am   #6
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
Good to see you back, Rob! Good luck with the new thread

Peter
Seconded. Or should I say thirded or even fourthed? Never mind, you get the idea!

Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tar
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:47pm   #7
Joined Jul 2010
my kinda plan
aag100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:10am   #8
tar

Joined Nov 2006
What you are selling ? When you are going to get a vendors badge?
tar is offline   Reply With Quote