I want to be, the very best, like no one ever was

This is a discussion on I want to be, the very best, like no one ever was within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by dgtrading yes I am aware that price can explode in any direction at any point in time ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:30am   #25
 
Lúidín's Avatar
Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtrading View Post
yes I am aware that price can explode in any direction at any point in time however I have studied enough charts to put the odds significantly in my favour, and I am not risking large chunks of my account on any one trade.

I have been trading for almost 2 years now so my experience is building up.

thanks for the support it seems like others in this thread are hasty to provide the opposite
don't mind the rest of them..you can easily see those who know what it is all about..just look at new_trader's post and compare the rest..talk about the same old story

keep on as you are..no rush..markets are going nowhere..just remember that a lost opportunity can cost you a lot more than a small loser..so..get to know the best times to trade..and use them to your advantage

like new_trader said..

"Once you understand how to read the price action of one instrument, you will be able to trade any market."

and he is 100% correct..forget about all else..as the textbook stuff will do nothing but cost you time and money
__________________
Lúidín

in order to get the crock of gold..you must first<>find the right end of the rainbow
Lúidín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:59am   #26
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post
don't mind the rest of them..you can easily see those who know what it is all about..just look at new_trader's post and compare the rest..talk about the same old story

keep on as you are..no rush..markets are going nowhere..just remember that a lost opportunity can cost you a lot more than a small loser..so..get to know the best times to trade..and use them to your advantage

like new_trader said..

"Once you understand how to read the price action of one instrument, you will be able to trade any market."

and he is 100% correct..forget about all else..as the textbook stuff will do nothing but cost you time and money
Clearly every institutional trader, who's employer pays possibly hundreds of thousands a year on the best news feeds, trades off charts alone.
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:16pm   #27
 
dbphoenix's Avatar
Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post

Once you understand how to read the price action of one instrument, you will be able to trade any market.
Not necessarily. Some markets are heavily arbed, some aren't. Some are mean-reverting, some aren't. And the PA of a penny stock is not going to be the same as the PA of a large cap. Different players.

If one learns how to read the PA of a particular instrument, he will be well-equipped to read the PA of similar instruments, but not all.
dbphoenix is online now Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Fugazsy
Old Sep 14, 2016, 7:36pm   #28
 
Lúidín's Avatar
Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by forker View Post
Clearly every institutional trader, who's employer pays possibly hundreds of thousands a year on the best news feeds, trades off charts alone.
we are not worried about those who trade with other people's money..we are only interested in trading our own money..and ignoring what anyone elses says or does..as it can only have a negative affect on our results..due to the realities of life..which for some silly reason..most are happy to ignore..even when their results show them they are just wasting their time
__________________
Lúidín

in order to get the crock of gold..you must first<>find the right end of the rainbow
Lúidín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 7:38am   #29
 
new_trader's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by forker View Post
Clearly every institutional trader, who's employer pays possibly hundreds of thousands a year on the best news feeds, trades off charts alone.
Your point being what? That a newbie should pay hundreds of thousands a year on the best news feeds?
__________________
"It always pays a man to be right at the right time." - Jesse Livermore | Less Marx, More Mises

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 8:24am   #30
NVP
 
NVP's Avatar
Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post
we are not worried about those who trade with other people's money..we are only interested in trading our own money..and ignoring what anyone elses says or does..as it can only have a negative affect on our results..due to the realities of life..which for some silly reason..most are happy to ignore..even when their results show them they are just wasting their time
yes its his money - and by the way he hasn't got any to spare to trade so theres another reason he will fail at this juncture ......

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:00am   #31
Joined Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post
don't mind the rest of them..you can easily see those who know what it is all about..just look at new_trader's post and compare the rest..talk about the same old story

keep on as you are..no rush..markets are going nowhere..just remember that a lost opportunity can cost you a lot more than a small loser..so..get to know the best times to trade..and use them to your advantage

like new_trader said..

"Once you understand how to read the price action of one instrument, you will be able to trade any market."

and he is 100% correct..forget about all else..as the textbook stuff will do nothing but cost you time and money



As i say so often, it's become boring, have you even bothered to read his opening post.........?

Lost £2200 and £500 left.........even a muppet can do the maths on that one...
Sonicscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:57am   #32
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
Your point being what? That a newbie should pay hundreds of thousands a year on the best news feeds?
That cost is for multiple licences not one
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)