I want to be, the very best, like no one ever was

This is a discussion on I want to be, the very best, like no one ever was within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Lúidín you are to be commended for trying..and i would say the chances of you being the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:05am   #17

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post
you are to be commended for trying..and i would say the chances of you being the very best..like no one ever was..is..very very slim..as you are doing exactly what everyone else does..so..you are going to get the same results as everyone else

tip..which i know you will not take..but here it is anyway

concentrate on 1 market that you can trade at any time..but preferably be available to trade it's key times..trade what you see happening in front of you..forget about what if this and what if that..as that is only a fool's game

if you can not make some money trading what is actually happening..then the chances of you making money trading based on what has already happened..are very very slim indeed

let's see if you prove me wrong..or prove me right?
I agree 100% Find the instrument you want to trade and stick to it like glue. Get to know its character. Study it like your goal is to be the worlds expert on it. Don’t stray from it just because you think it’s “too this” or “too that”. There are no easy markets to trade, that is pure bullshìt. The people who fail are that ones who jump from one instrument to another hoping to find the holy grail. Perseverance is essential.

Once you understand how to read the price action of one instrument, you will be able to trade any market.

CLICK - My Trading Journal
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:15pm   #18

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtrading View Post
I want to be, the very best, like no one ever was
Im afraid that spots already been taken.

darktone is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: timsk , Sonicscooter , wackypete2 , Oscar Reed , tokyojoe , Fugazsy
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:53pm   #19

Joined Jan 2006
dgtrading - this is you at the moment

Click the image to open in full size.

People on here are trying to help you - but you seemed to be determined to fail and no-one's gonna stop you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend,
inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- G Marx.
Hoggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:00pm   #20
Joined Mar 2015
dgtrading started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post
you are welcome..keep in mind that "the perfect setup" does not exist..every trade you take will have an uncertain outcome..which is why you must only risk a certain % on each trade..risk too much on each trade and your money can disappear very quickly

that said..when the opportunities present themsleves..one must act accordingly..as lost opportunity can be just as bad..or even worse..than a losing trade

there is one thing that ties it all together..and that is called experience..some think they can bypass the experience bit and jump to the head of the class..big mistake..as it will not be too long before one discovers that they have been in the wrong class all along..it was just that they did not really understand what they were studying for..and were just going along with the rest of the class

anyway..there is no reason why you can not make money trading..all you need to do is get in and get out at the right levels..and at the right (best) times
yes I am aware that price can explode in any direction at any point in time however I have studied enough charts to put the odds significantly in my favour, and I am not risking large chunks of my account on any one trade.

I have been trading for almost 2 years now so my experience is building up.

thanks for the support it seems like others in this thread are hasty to provide the opposite
dgtrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:00pm   #21
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggums View Post
dgtrading - this is you at the moment

Click the image to open in full size.

People on here are trying to help you - but you seemed to be determined to fail and no-one's gonna stop you.
I think all of us have been here at some point.
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:03pm   #22
Joined Mar 2015
Happy I did not short EUR/GBP

dgtrading started this thread was very tempted to short this pair last night, however I wasn't liking the possibility of buyers swooping in so close to support
Attached Thumbnails
screen-shot-2016-09-13-14.01.12.png   screen-shot-2016-09-13-14.01.36.png  
dgtrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:21pm   #23
Joined Jan 2014
Wish someone would give me a £10 for every thread that starts like this on here then abruptly stops.......for some strange reason.
Sonicscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Oscar Reed , tokyojoe
Old Sep 13, 2016, 4:58pm   #24

Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtrading View Post

thanks for the support it seems like others in this thread are hasty to provide the opposite
Handing a bottle to an alcoholic is not support. Develop a written trading plan. Formulate specific trading rules. Then you will at least have a reasonably firm foundation on which to build. Trading your feelings isn't going to cut it.