10 Trades

This is a discussion on 10 Trades within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Nice reaction at expected resistance (red zone) in cable. I have a short bias in this pair so looking for ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:22am   #76

Joined Jun 2008
mb325 started this thread Nice reaction at expected resistance (red zone) in cable. I have a short bias in this pair so looking for nice continuation setups, or selling any rallies into any of the levels on my chart. However, imnportant not to get too wedded to the idea of moving lower so would take good long setups in either green zones.
Attached Thumbnails
gu.png  
mb325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:28am   #77

Joined Jun 2008
mb325 started this thread Much more reticent to trade EUR/USD at the moment as it's been quite choppy. Would look for shorts in red zones, longs in green zones, and just keeping an eye on that grey zone in the middle but it's been taken out a few times which makes me wary. Again, short bias in this pair but mindful not to let that get in the way of any good long setup.

Also noting a pretty clean inverse head and shoulders over the past 5 days, but worth mentioning the heavy resistance waiting just above.
Attached Thumbnails
eu.png  
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:59am   #78

Joined Jun 2008
mb325 started this thread Did not trade this long setup as not a massive fan of the level but watching it now.
Attached Thumbnails
guno.png  
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:03am   #79

Joined Jun 2008
mb325 started this thread Stop would now be moved up to the higher red line (this is a 1m chart to show the price action). Pretty agressive with this one as its a long following some good downward momentum and an overall downtrend.
Attached Thumbnails
guno1.png  
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:09am   #80

Joined Jun 2008
mb325 started this thread And stop would now be to breakeven, will stop updating this now as I did not think about targets etc. as I didn't take the trade.

Edit: Would've been a breakeven trade.
Attached Thumbnails
guno2.png  

Last edited by mb325; Nov 12, 2015 at 10:44am.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:03pm   #81

Joined Jun 2008
mb325 started this thread I've never really traded off higher timeframes than 15m. Partly because I find I am tempted to micromanage trades, and partly because I've always seen myself as 'practicing' and therefore want to take in as much price action and get myself used to being in trades as much as possible. It's something I want to move towards though as I think if you can ignore the noise and capture the big moves you make life a lot easier for yourself, minimising screen-time.

I'm going to do get this attached trade working and see if it triggers.

Blue line entry, red line stop, mauve move to breakeven, green target on first half.
Attached Thumbnails
gult.png