Euro Daily Trader

This is a discussion on Euro Daily Trader within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by wiseambitions Hello Mike Out of the Fridays between 1 June and the amendment to the EA, do ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:41pm   #43
Joined Sep 2011
Re: Euro Daily Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseambitions View Post
Hello Mike

Out of the Fridays between 1 June and the amendment to the EA, do you happen to know which ones might have achieved a different result than the actual history?
I'd like to update my analysis accordingly, and probably best I then email you my findings privately.
We don't have that info Wise. The direction of the trades taken each day is in the results so I suppose if one scrolled back and looked at each of the Friday trades it could be worked out. I don't think you will find a great difference in that short period.

That said, we would not want to change the EA whatever the result. As I said, the Friday Early Close function was introduced to protect against wiping out an account, it was not a profit/loss consideration.

Mike
The Forex Club
Mike Forex is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 6:40pm   #44
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Forex View Post
We don't have that info Wise. The direction of the trades taken each day is in the results so I suppose if one scrolled back and looked at each of the Friday trades it could be worked out. I don't think you will find a great difference in that short period.

That said, we would not want to change the EA whatever the result. As I said, the Friday Early Close function was introduced to protect against wiping out an account, it was not a profit/loss consideration.

Mike
The Forex Club
OK I'll try and work it out the long way....... 9pc loss of profits per annum (presumably assuming the system compounded at 2% risk per trade) is an insignificant reduction, a small price to pay, for the sake of avoiding bad weekend gaps.
wiseambitions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:02pm   #45
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread And nice to have the pleasure of a win this time, Tuesday
Old Nov 9, 2011, 7:20am   #46
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread
Quote:
And nice to have the pleasure of a win this time, Tuesday

I'm attaching a graph of cumulative pips since 1 June from the developers' figures, however I have amended the gain on a trade which ran over one weekend and could have achieved over 100 pips: I called the win 39 on that occasion, the Friday night forced closure is now part of the revised strategy and is known to affect results
Attached Thumbnails
edt-cumulative-pips-since-1-jun-2011.jpg  

Last edited by wiseambitions; Nov 9, 2011 at 2:48pm.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 3:13pm   #47
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread This chart shows the average daily production of pips for the last 50 days (10 weeks of 5 trading days) by EDT up to 8 November on a rolling basis. I think this is a meaningful way of plotting a system's progress

And in spite of what it does to your nerves when you go through a bad patch (and these figures obviously include August and October when there were 6 or more losing trades in a row), a rolling average of 5 6 or 7 pips per trade should be considered acceptable progress at that

PS. After the 9th November session (TP) the 50 day MA was sustained at the same level (the 51st trade falling out of the data set was also a win)
Attached Thumbnails
ma-pips-per-day-edt-last-50days-8-november.jpg  

Last edited by wiseambitions; Nov 10, 2011 at 9:33am.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:24pm   #48
Joined Sep 2011

Quote:
This chart shows the average daily production of pips for the last 50 days (10 weeks of 5 trading days) by EDT up to 8 November on a rolling basis. I think this is a meaningful way of plotting a system's progress

And in spite of what it does to your nerves when you go through a bad patch (and these figures obviously include August and October when there were 6 or more losing trades in a row), a rolling average of 5 6 or 7 pips per trade should be considered acceptable progress at that

PS. After the 9th November session (TP) the 50 day MA was sustained at the same level (the 51st trade falling out of the data set was also a win)
That's excellent stuff Wise. We shall be following your charts with interest.

With the winning trade yesterday (9th Nov) we are just 12 pips short of getting back to the high that was achieved 3 weeks ago on 17th October. That run of 6 losses was unfortunate but as you can see, it quickly comes back as only 3 wins are necessary to balance that off.

Whatever happens Thursday and Friday, this will be a profitable week as we only need 2 wins in any week to be assured of making a profit and EDT did that Tuesday and Wednesday.

Mike
The Forex Club
Mike Forex is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2011, 4:49pm   #49
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread Friday PM
I doubt the system will trade today, the markets have raced away since the NY session opened, mainly on news about Italy, whether it's a sustained recovery I would not wish to say.

Assuming no trade, result for the last 50 days (my observations) is +325 pips.
Wish it would carry on in that vein

By way of comparison, FMT has lost nearly that many pips in the same 10 weeks