Euro Daily Trader

This is a discussion on Euro Daily Trader within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Friday PM I doubt the system will trade today, the markets have raced away since the NY session opened, mainly ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 11, 2011, 5:49pm   #49
Joined Oct 2010
Re: Euro Daily Trader

wiseambitions started this thread Friday PM
I doubt the system will trade today, the markets have raced away since the NY session opened, mainly on news about Italy, whether it's a sustained recovery I would not wish to say.

Assuming no trade, result for the last 50 days (my observations) is +325 pips.
Wish it would carry on in that vein

By way of comparison, FMT has lost nearly that many pips in the same 10 weeks
wiseambitions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:04am   #50
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread Tuesday afternoon/evening's EDT trade bobbed around for 6 and a bit hours and ended with TP after midnight GMT. I think that's the longest session I've had with the system in normal circumstances. I felt the system had chosen the right direction to trade but it was after a day of steady decline, and after a few minutes nothing more seemed to happen to exchange rates, and it looked like that proverbial coin flip, but ended pleasantly.

The 50 day MA still runs at around 6.5 which is actually better than the 100 day MA which is a little under 5.0. Much of this difference (100day MA not being so good as the 50) relates to August also being a less successful month, eg the 3 month MA which includes second half August is between 4.5 and 5.0. Still a steady positive production all the same.

Hey is anyone reading or am I talking to myself?

All I'll say is I hate the pain of 5 or 6 SLs in a row (2nd half October) but the system does pull itself out of trouble fast with the low Risk : Reward Ratio, and if it carried on at this rate I think it is far better than most people admit.

Last edited by wiseambitions; Nov 16, 2011 at 11:52am.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:32pm   #51

7 Posts
Joined Oct 2011

Hey Wise, I'll come and keep you company.... I've been following this a while now and I think it's time to make the leap of faith and commit to buying this EA and putting it on a live account. Been mulling and over analysing and on balance I think the positives outweigh the negatives. The 2:1 payout ratio set up minimises and reduces the 'risk of ruin'. As to why you're lonely here, I think there's a bigger thread running on Donna Forex - The Forex Club (theforexclub.eu) though I prefer the less noisy and more meaningful thread here....
humbyhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:06pm   #52

Joined Nov 2010

Hi wiseambitions,

I am following your statistics with interest!
Thanks for writing and sharing that.

Cheers
deserteagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:48am   #53
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by deserteagle View Post
Hi wiseambitions,

I am following your statistics with interest!
Thanks for writing and sharing that.

Cheers
Nice to hear from all you guys again.....so I wasn't on my own that's good.....

Rolling averages:

Last 25 days +29 (not great but still+ve)
Last 50 +325
Last 75 +398
Last 100 +494
Days include sessions with no trade signal generated. Therefore 50 means 10 weeks of Monday to Friday

Please let's hope the system keeps producing at least 5 pips on average every time, compensating for the losses with hopefully above 40 pc of trades being winners

I don't belong to the Donna Forex thread, but think there's nothing wrong with trying to overcome so much of the negativity which goes around as one or two on there have been extra bitter, understandably, but unfairly, and if they would only look at the bigger picture, which is what the above figures attempt to show

illegitimi non carborundum

Last edited by wiseambitions; Nov 17, 2011 at 10:07am.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 7:06pm   #54
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread Thursday.

What happened? My system went long, and anybody with half a bit of gumption would have said it should have been a short trade.

SL in 4 minutes. Not nice
Old Nov 17, 2011, 7:25pm   #55
Joined Feb 2011

I am seeing that the EA seems to fail on Thursday's and Friday's. So far, I have not seen a win on any Thursday or Friday since I purchased the EA 6 weeks ago. There was one Friday when the official site showed a win because they used the early close option but unfortunately I did not have this set.

The good news is that based on my analysis, I reduced my risk today from 3% to 1%..... Attached is a copy of my results so far... I am considering only trading on Monday's or potientially Monday and Wednesday.
Attached Thumbnails
edt.png  

Last edited by ggjr61; Nov 17, 2011 at 7:27pm. Reason: typo's
ggjr61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2011, 7:42pm   #56
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggjr61 View Post
I am seeing that the EA seems to fail on Thursday's and Friday's. So far, I have not seen a win on any Thursday or Friday since I purchased the EA 6 weeks ago. There was one Friday when the official site showed a win because they used the early close option but unfortunately I did not have this set.

The good news is that based on my analysis, I reduced my risk today from 3% to 1%..... Attached is a copy of my results so far... I am considering only trading on Monday's or potientially Monday and Wednesday.

My quick analysis of results, by day of week, since 1 June:

Monday 137
Tuesday 134
Wednesday 310
Thursday 57
Friday 102

E&OE