Euro Daily Trader

This is a discussion on Euro Daily Trader within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Ok, having been told "having the same results amongst all the different brokers will be quite impossible" I still think ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:48pm   #89
Joined Oct 2010
Re: Euro Daily Trader

wiseambitions started this thread Ok, having been told "having the same results amongst all the different brokers will be quite impossible" I still think it would be useful to better understand what it is causes these differences and to what extent the user can control this other than change brokers

There are 2 aspects
1) Signals. The situations where the indicators are on a knife edge eg some people go long others go short, I contend is still due to the EA and the indicators it uses. For example if a system requires 2 or a majority of indicators to be a certain value then the biggest difference is more likely to be some will have a signal and others will get no trade, (potential difference less than 20 pips) not for one man to go short when another goes long (potential difference nearly 60 pips). v3.0 evidently relied on one main indicator and the possibility of the reading being more or less than the dividing line eg 0.00 or 100.0 gave rise to what we've seen where some people going long others going short. And it is due to spikes with individual brokers and changes in spreads that these indicators come up with minutely different readings.

2) The trade. If there is a latency between the client and the broker there can be a difference in the starting price. And that is going to affect SL and TP and BE settings which are applied to the actual start price. The outcome also depends on spikes and spreads and delays in the execution of the close. Which brings me back to an observation that maybe Market Makers are better suited to this system as they are less likely to be source of slippage, both on opening and closing, and probably also work with fixed spreads.

I stand to be corrected on any of these thoughts, and come back to the point that once you have the right hardware and preferably a good VPS then the choice of broker is probably the only variable under the control of the user.

Last edited by wiseambitions; Dec 14, 2011 at 6:03pm.
wiseambitions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:32pm   #90
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread Um?
Attached Thumbnails
50-day-ma-edt-14dec.jpg  
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:03am   #91
Joined Sep 2011

Wise,

Really appreciate you keeping these records.

The downturn on the graph above was expected as your first trade in the "50" trades that your graph is now looking at, has just reached the high point at the end of the first week in October.

The downturn on the graph is really showing the better than average results at the end of September and into the first week of October, compared with the worse than average in the past 10 days.

You will now find that the graph takes a sharp upturn, almost regardless of the results of the next few trades, as we go through that bad run of losses that happened in Octobers 2nd and 3rd weeks.

Just watching tonight's trade before turning in. BE has just gone to +9 pips so we will have a winner!

Mike
The Forex Club
Mike Forex is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 8:32pm   #92
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread Those comments may have been true and a graph drawn after Thursday's trade might have leveled out, but today's loser drove it down some more. Whatever indicators you look at the euro just does its own thing at the moment and it's a gamble to dare and trade with it
Old Dec 19, 2011, 8:52pm   #93
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread And it carries on getting worse

Not worth carrying on now
Attached Thumbnails
gets-worse.jpg  

Last edited by wiseambitions; Dec 19, 2011 at 8:58pm.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:53am   #94
Joined Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseambitions View Post
And it carries on getting worse

Not worth carrying on now
Lots of people asked me if we intended to trade through Christmas and I said that we would be trading as normal.

I would be interested to see what your graph looks like today wise.

Mike
The Forex Club
Old Dec 23, 2011, 4:43pm   #95
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread Hi the 50d MA is looking up again.......

I have to say my luck hasn't been as good as others' with this system lately, seeing there are reports of profits, one reason I think is that it probably suits better with MM brokers because of instant execution.

It surprised me how this week was a bit more steady than others. I wonder if there has been less volatility due to no major news announcements, as this is the thing that knocks this method out of a trade due to tight stop losses. Somewhere I read that the tests for Nov and Dec 2010 were about as good as any, but the pattern wasn't carried through generally this time. We'll have to see whether it does better in January

I've reduced the risk for tonight and of course invoked the Friday forced closure.
Attached Thumbnails
50-day-ma-22-dec.jpg  
Old Jan 5, 2012, 5:57pm   #96
Joined Sep 2011

So..........

An end to the year with another gain in December, and although pips gained increased again, still not back to the average of around 140 to 150 per month we are looking for. But as they say, a win is a win is a win!

Looking back over the live results since June 2011, we have only had one losing month (a loss of 4 pips in August) and it is difficult to understand why we seem to have come in for so much stick.

However, that seems to be the nature of the game and all we can do is plod on.

Not a bad start to January so far, we are already up 6.2% (at 4% risk).

May I wish everyone a profitable New Year!

Mike
The Forex Club