Euro Daily Trader

This is a discussion on Euro Daily Trader within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Tuesday Unfortunately after going 20 pips to the good and getting the BE reset the price went down after 3 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:19pm   #78
Joined Oct 2010
Re: Euro Daily Trader

wiseambitions started this thread Tuesday
Unfortunately after going 20 pips to the good and getting the BE reset the price went down after 3 hours and hit BE

The problem this gives us is a lack of enough wins in the last couple weeks to prop up the moving averages. The attachment shows the present 50 day rolling average which is pointing the wrong way.

We aren't getting enough discussion on here, so I may desist. The trouble is Donna Forex is the other main blog but the attitude on there is hostile and I would not wish to get into their arguments

Wednesday morning: Some people I talk to got TP on this trade. Either they didn't get the BE reset when the price went up about 20 pips, or else they didn't quite get stopped out later when the price went back to -1, and they hit their profit target 12 and a quarter hours later. It's a bit of a lottery because I've heard of different results with the same broker, and reminds me of a similar experience a couple weeks ago. One would hope such experiences would even out in the long run, although that would be down to random forces rather than the skills of the user or the efficiency of the technology
Attached Thumbnails
edt-50-day-ma-1-june-6-december.jpg  

Last edited by wiseambitions; Dec 7, 2011 at 10:40am.
wiseambitions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:15am   #79

7 Posts
Joined Oct 2011

Hi Wise, don't despair, agree that Donna Forex is more rant ridden than here, where we're all being civilised despite the repeated loss/BE results. I'm gritting my teeth and buying into Mike's "play the long game and chill out" pitch, but my one beef remains on the criteria the EA uses to determine going long or short. My heart sank when I saw the EA go long last night but decided to play it out rather than immediately close the trade which would have been a more panicked response. Net result? I'm down $400 - again. Still gritting my teeth, but I'm going to be in serious need of dental work if this keeps on this way....
humbyhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:59pm   #80
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread Thanks for your company Hummy! I agree with what you said, there seems to be a division between people getting one signal and another as well as too many times when some get the full TP and others go back to -1 etc etc. I'd like to hope that these events even out over the long term but I need some persuasion of that.

Let's hope for a couple wins before the weekend because they would restore a bit of faith in the system which as per my recent graph looks like it's going down hill.

Over at Donna you sit and look at the screen and feel the anger and frustration. When these guys launched the method they can't have envisaged this, however if the promised modification to the EA carries some improvements then people will feel a bit happier.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:40pm   #81
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread Sadly the attached chart which shows the rolling daily average pips per day for the last 10 weeks, 50 days, until 8th December, tells the story of a system which is faltering fast. I'm disappointed in the last couple of weeks, which contained 1 win and 7 losses since 28th November.

Results until mid September are drawn from The Forex Club - WELCOME! and after then from my own trading.
Attached Thumbnails
edt-rolling-50-day-average-8-december.jpg  

Last edited by wiseambitions; Dec 8, 2011 at 10:10pm.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:26am   #82

2 Posts
Joined Sep 2011

I too am disappointed at the recent results and we are working hard to try and change this.

With that in mind, you should all have an email sent late Sunday night with a link to EDT v3.5.

If you did not receive yours (please look in your spam folder first) then please email me at info@theforexclub.eu and I will send you a copy direct.

We shall be trading with the new EA from Monday 12th December.

Mike
The Forex Club
TheForexClub.eu is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:05pm   #83
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForexClub.eu View Post
I too am disappointed at the recent results and we are working hard to try and change this.

With that in mind, you should all have an email sent late Sunday night with a link to EDT v3.5.

If you did not receive yours (please look in your spam folder first) then please email me at info@theforexclub.eu and I will send you a copy direct.

We shall be trading with the new EA from Monday 12th December.

Mike
The Forex Club
Yes,we're looking forward to any tweak which brings improvements

The trouble is the euro looks like it's in death throes these days and it makes nonsense of the technicial indicators which might have used to work
Old Dec 13, 2011, 7:12am   #84
Joined Oct 2010

wiseambitions started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseambitions View Post
Yes,we're looking forward to any tweak which brings improvements

The trouble is the euro looks like it's in death throes these days and it makes nonsense of the technicial indicators which might have used to work
And a win, after 6 hours, Monday night restored most of us to the situation as of last Wednesday morning, compensating 2 losses.

It was close though! I reckon if TP had been a pip or two more it wouldn't have worked like that.

The win also does good to the longer term running averages, e.g. 100 day MA, but we need one or two more quickly to give convincing signs of progress.

Best luck for the rest of the week, EDT usually repays its debts........