Pin Bar System

This is a discussion on Pin Bar System within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; D70, just your opinion or pocrel confirmed? Thanks...

View Poll Results: Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again
yes 21 87.50%
no 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:51am   #3141
Joined Jun 2003
Re: Pin Bar System

D70, just your opinion or pocrel confirmed?

Thanks
Hittfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:31am   #3142
Joined Jan 2008

OK guys,
How about a short order on FT100 @ 5792 off the 08.30 pin? (IG charts), TP17/SL17.
As they say just running it up the flagpole and see who salutes.
jbu001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:32pm   #3143
Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbu001 View Post
Hi guys,
Just found this thread and still ploughing through it (I am a refugee from Net Trap and RH's other efforts, looking for a more intuitive price action centred system). Lots of reading to go but seems to be a first class method, but from the recent activity the thread seems to have died somewhat. Anyone still following this system? Any help would appreciated.
Pin bars work as well, or as badly, as any other signal. There is no reason not to use them but everything, and this goes for other signals, too, depends on the traders ability to decide when the trade is not performing as he wished and his discipline to cut it, then.

The whole thing is to to enter at a certain point. Some may use pins, others Bollingers, averages, highs or lows. It all depends on the trader's preference. I would say, though, that the chances of making money by using one of the mentioned methods are just as good as one based on more complicated methods.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 2:12pm   #3144

Joined Nov 2008

pocrel started this thread Just added a new poll so I will let the people of Trade2win decide if the thread should stay alive
pocrel is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 5:53pm   #3145
Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocrel View Post
Just added a new poll so I will let the people of Trade2win decide if the thread should stay alive
I don't have any fish to fry, here, pocrel. I was just answering a post. I am out of touch with the reasons you had for closing and it doesn't matter to me, really.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 7:33pm   #3146

Joined Nov 2008

pocrel started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
I don't have any fish to fry, here, pocrel. I was just answering a post. I am out of touch with the reasons you had for closing and it doesn't matter to me, really.
No worries Splitlink, I agree with what you said. I think I stopped posting as I was just getting negative comments and you can only take so much crap from people before you give up or move on
pocrel is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2 , Splitlink
Old Sep 30, 2012, 7:35am   #3147
Joined Aug 2012

Quote:
Now Flash this is a serious traders meeting but I have to say there was plenty of easy on the eye ladies to keep you busy
have you talked to them? were they good traders?
FringFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 2:00pm   #3148
Joined Apr 2012

Quote:
Just added a new poll so I will let the people of Trade2win decide if the thread should stay alive
Any thread with "honest" trading has got to be a positive so voted yes.

Not the first time a good journal came to an end because of constant negative comments from members.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 6:26am   #3149
Joined Feb 2006

I have voted and will follow that up by posting as well (for the first time on this forum in years). I have read this thread from start to finish after finding it a few weeks ago and after doing the whole 'searching every system in the world' thing this is easily the one I feel comfortable with in terms of timeframe, simplicity (I have always been drawn to price action alone) and also the fact that the system hasn't changed through the thread like so many others.

I would just like to say a huge thank you to Porcel for his time and effort and that I will be gutted if the thread stops because of the standard forum idiots.

If nothing else why not treat it like a personal blog for people to follow along and ask useful, relevant questions. If you get negative crap just ban people. There are a number of threads on Babypips and FF that are like that and have been v sucessful. A good example is the stairstep breakout box system on FF where the thread owner was super strict in the first instance and now there is a group of committed followers, none of whom have time for any lazy haters etc who try to be negative or ask questions without bothering to read the thread first...

Andy
PaddyMcTaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: donovan5 , wackypete2 , pocrel
Old Oct 5, 2012, 5:03pm   #3150
Joined Nov 2001

I was trying something new, today, because I can afford it, just now, and it involves a bit more stop risk than I normally use.

I don't view pinbars as anything more than a curiosity but thought that I would mention this one. It is the the 1400 2 hour pin on Footsie.

Just in case anyone is interested. I hope that it works, because I am short, at present. I have been higher and running at a loss, but am now getting into profit.