Pin Bar System

This is a discussion on Pin Bar System within the Trading Journals forums, part of the Reception category; Closed CAC for +7 pips...

View Poll Results: Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again
yes 21 87.50%
no 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:01pm   #1877
Joined Apr 2011
Re: Pin Bar System

Closed CAC for +7 pips
Gelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 1:22pm   #1878
Joined Apr 2011

Decided to close cable before usa market opens.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 3:20pm   #1879
Joined Apr 2011

+ 20 on eurusd and -23 on audusd from earlier
milka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:53pm   #1880
Joined Apr 2011

Tough milka. I left those & only took gbpusd & closed that early for -29.
5 trades today: +6+5+15+7-29 = +7pips. This doesn't really show the effectiveness of the system, as allocating a risk % of bank to each trade means much more money goes on short bars. Today my bank increased nearly 4%. Using a (risky) 2 1/2% means todays profit £226 with a bank of £6000 - not that I'm yet up to that size bank. But better than Barclays
Old Jun 14, 2011, 5:10pm   #1881

Joined Nov 2008

pocrel started this thread Afternoon all back in london today so trading tomorrow, and i just want to say a big thanks to all for participating in the thread it makes for interesting reading when i am away
i know some people post a few trade and then never follow up with maybe a chart or even if they made or lost on it so can i please ask people who post a trade dont be afraid to post a loss these are inevitable in trading

As for gelly great stuff mate and as he pointed out if you play the % game correctly you will be way ahead when a small pin kicks in and it takes off

everyone one should only be risking the same % on each trade no matter the size of the pin, so if you take a half off at 1 to 1 and leave the rest run till pivot then your way ahead of the game, just like you can see in gellys example
pocrel is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2011, 1:46am   #1882
Joined May 2011
Smile Re: Pin Bar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocrel View Post
Afternoon all back in london today so trading tomorrow, and i just want to say a big thanks to all for participating in the thread it makes for interesting reading when i am away
i know some people post a few trade and then never follow up with maybe a chart or even if they made or lost on it so can i please ask people who post a trade dont be afraid to post a loss these are inevitable in trading

As for gelly great stuff mate and as he pointed out if you play the % game correctly you will be way ahead when a small pin kicks in and it takes off

everyone one should only be risking the same % on each trade no matter the size of the pin, so if you take a half off at 1 to 1 and leave the rest run till pivot then your way ahead of the game, just like you can see in gellys example
Welcom back! I bet you have fish N Chips with the malt vinigar splash tomorrow for lunch. Ha just a guess. JM ps Gelly kept the shop clean and swept up.
jm4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2011, 8:01am   #1883

Joined Nov 2008

pocrel started this thread Morning, trouble with livecharts this morning so please get figures direct from http://finance.yahoo.com/q;_ylt=Ah75KIC5NSpK6xOX7z_8If67YWsA;_ylu=X3oDMTE5N nZwcWV1BHBvcwMyMARzZWMDbWFya2V0U3VtbWFyeUluZGljZXM Ec2xrA2NhYzQw?s=^FCHI

put in yesterdays range high, low and close

your auto pivot should be fine if you use UWC to calculate pivots

use oilngold.com for gold silver a crude, brent need s to be done manually

i will leave things shake out till 830 and trade from there

lets hope we have a good day
pocrel is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote