Learning Technical Analysis

This is a discussion on Learning Technical Analysis within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; The best thing I have done is study support and resistance lines and trendlines. id be interested to hear from ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 8, 2009, 3:19pm   #1
Joined Jan 2008
Learning Technical Analysis

The best thing I have done is study support and resistance lines and trendlines.

id be interested to hear from other fans of simple technical analysis and their reading resources.

I have a syllabus from the Society of Technical Analysts in the uk here STA Education

If you scroll down the page this is a good list to work through.

I have read several books now on TA and although it is not the be all and end all of trading (in my view trading is another chapter which involves psychology and money management) I think it should be anyones starting point in learning to trade.

On the link above is also a reading list. ( I am not affiliated with the STA nor a member) I think this is a good starting point in your reference library.

hopefully we can turn this into a sticky about Technical Analysis books and links that really are helpful.

here is another one Free Trading Videos : Chart School
francisfinley is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:48am   #2
Joined Oct 2008
Learning the technical analysis is just how smartly you can use the points and making profits .
jeffsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:53am   #3
Joined Jan 2008
francisfinley started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsmith View Post
Learning the technical analysis is just how smartly you can use the points and making profits .
thats trading. technical analysis is analysis. trading is what you then do with your information, fundamental or technical.

until i double post that is.
francisfinley is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote