Fibonacci Arcs

This is a discussion on Fibonacci Arcs within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Hello, Is anybody using Fib. Arc's? Thks G...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 17, 2008, 1:47am   #1

3 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Smile Fibonacci Arcs

Hello,

Is anybody using Fib. Arc's?
Thks

G
trader_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2008, 7:48am   #2

Joined Mar 2005
as opposed to fans? or simply levels of fib grid? is there a reason for the arc over and above the other ways for fibs? what about spiral? erm, tea leaves?

what's your pov on them?
Old Jul 19, 2008, 3:21am   #3

3 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
Post Arc's

trader_G started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joules MM1 View Post
as opposed to fans? or simply levels of fib grid? is there a reason for the arc over and above the other ways for fibs? what about spiral? erm, tea leaves?

what's your pov on them?
There is no view - make money out of them, that's it.

g
Old Jul 19, 2008, 3:41am   #4

3 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
trader_G started this thread It's more like an art, you need to have capability to see it in context.
Only for freestyle traders.
Old Jul 19, 2008, 12:09pm   #5

Joined Mar 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_G View Post
It's more like an art, you need to have capability to see it in context.
Only for freestyle traders.
really......hmmm....you see, an arc is not a free style, in practise, fibs are not a freedom they are a prison of regimen......a free-styler by a definition, is someone who understands flow (and the particpants who cause that flow) and doesnt employ a secdonary tool that is reliant on confirmative reasoning based partly in hindsight measures.......you see fibonaccis do not call for you to think about who or when but what measure which is not a freedom but a linear thought process......a style of regime yes, a freedom.......? the market and price are dynamic which is what makes linear processes fail far more often that succeed......that's far more, not always........but if youve cracked a solid method, then, share, yeah, be good to another perspective......

my initial post was the "just tell us your use, just share with us your idea"....... the is/was the premise of my post and that remains

J

Last edited by Joules MM1; Jul 19, 2008 at 12:14pm.
Joules MM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: options
Old Oct 18, 2008, 9:41am   #6

Joined Oct 2008
Hey trader G, I haven't used arcs, but I'm sure they're very useful. I have experiemented with them, intraday and longer term, and found them to be reliable guides. I use fibs to find exit and entry points, to keep away from discretionary trading as much as possible. I think that was a great question and hope someone that uses them will answer you soon, I'd like to see the answer as well.
fantastic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2008, 12:04pm   #7
Joined Nov 2001
I have an idea that Fibs are the downfall of the world's banking system.

Let's face it, my nutty ideas are as good as anyone elses.

Split
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: options