TA debunked?

This is a discussion on TA debunked? within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by Splitlink The chart was the market. Are you telling me that you are predictive? The chart is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 21, 2012, 9:30am   #36
Joined Jul 2012
Re: TA debunked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
The chart was the market. Are you telling me that you are predictive?
The chart is a footprint of the market. Everyone predicts, that's needless to say. Even if I am looking at the right most candle right now, I am also predicting. The market 10 days ago and now could be in an uptrend. So I am predicting that the trend will continue. Yes, i am predictive, so is everybody else reading charts or using fundamentals.
PATrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:29am   #37

Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
Which, as usual, you are unable to break down point by point.

This is a discussion forum and not a playground CD.

It is very simple. We can discuss, disagree, debate points that others make and have a healthy discussion. Or we can do what you do.

Why you resort to such tactics is beyond me. You seem to have your nose permanently out of joint.
I would more accurately say this is a forum and not a place for you to sell your products and come out with absolute nonsense. There is no point arguing with you point by point as you have a different agenda which is all about pushing people back to your tape reading tools.

By the way you dont seem to grasp that using your vendored tools for looking at tape reading patterns that have occurred in the past. oh look I have counted up 1000 contracts there against the bid, oh good I know the cause now. You can see different things from a chart but in principle they are no different, there is no more 'cause' analysis in what you are doing than in a chart.

nothing wrong with a pin bar, its just price beaten away from a level and closing below the start price in a set time period. problems with pin bars come when people make assumptions about them loaded with biases.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:23am   #38

Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATrader View Post
yes the chart IS the market. If not, can you tell me what is?
Actually, the chart is just a visual representation of the result of trading in the market.

It's not the market itself.
I cannot see., however why we should expect to find a "system" which will work in the stock market; surely the possibilities of profits for the student justify the time and effort required to learn market interpretation.

Humphrey B Neill - 1931
DionysusToast is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:24am   #39

Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hare View Post
you must be reading different books to me
Well - it's pretty rare I read anything on trading any more, the amount of tripe that's out there.
I cannot see., however why we should expect to find a "system" which will work in the stock market; surely the possibilities of profits for the student justify the time and effort required to learn market interpretation.

Humphrey B Neill - 1931
Thanks! The following members like this post: the hare
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:29am   #40

Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateDigestive View Post
I would more accurately say this is a forum and not a place for you to sell your products and come out with absolute nonsense. There is no point arguing with you point by point as you have a different agenda which is all about pushing people back to your tape reading tools.
And the forum is not a place for you to go around insulting people and attempting to belittle them. Still, you seem to enjoy doing that, even though it usually ends up backfiring.

Quote:
By the way you dont seem to grasp that using your vendored tools for looking at tape reading patterns that have occurred in the past. oh look I have counted up 1000 contracts there against the bid, oh good I know the cause now. You can see different things from a chart but in principle they are no different, there is no more 'cause' analysis in what you are doing than in a chart.
Correct & that is EXACTLY why I'm not mentioning that on the thread It is irrelevant to the conversation as it's not being discussed.

You just made assumptions loaded with biases as to why I posted here.

I understand why you follow me around here, I do actually take it as a compliment.

Thanks for mentioning that I sell products, it always ups the hit count on my site when someone points that out. Most people fail to notice

Quote:
nothing wrong with a pin bar, its just price beaten away from a level and closing below the start price in a set time period. problems with pin bars come when people make assumptions about them loaded with biases.
Correct - although in agreeing with you, I guess I'm trying to push my products.

Humphrey B Neill - 1931
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:15pm   #41
Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATrader View Post
The chart is a footprint of the market. Everyone predicts, that's needless to say. Even if I am looking at the right most candle right now, I am also predicting. The market 10 days ago and now could be in an uptrend. So I am predicting that the trend will continue. Yes, i am predictive, so is everybody else reading charts or using fundamentals.
Yes, ok, I see your point, but accurate prediction is going to be trend as shown in pasrt performance. I try to predict correctly, too, but nothing that I can see from a chart gives me gives me complete confidence. Otherwise, I would not use stops.

It seems to me that we do not want to face the facts because, otherwise, what else is there? That philosophy makes losers of a lot of people.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:18pm   #42

Joined Feb 2012
Post Re: TA debunked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
And the forum is not a place for you to go around insulting people and attempting to belittle them. Still, you seem to enjoy doing that, even though it usually ends up backfiring.

Correct & that is EXACTLY why I'm not mentioning that on the thread It is irrelevant to the conversation as it's not being discussed.

You just made assumptions loaded with biases as to why I posted here.

I understand why you follow me around here, I do actually take it as a compliment.

Thanks for mentioning that I sell products, it always ups the hit count on my site when someone points that out. Most people fail to notice

Correct - although in agreeing with you, I guess I'm trying to push my products.
Ha ha. Follow you around dream on. Contrary to what you say I do not try and belittle people I only seek to expose vendors with hidden agendas. Re - comments about your website hit count. This just confirms to me what you are up to. Make a few posts then watch the website hits come in. You carry on counting your website hits mate. The rest of us continue to seek to improve their trading,

Mods - can we get this blatant vendoring to stop he has admitted to posting purely for hits on his website. This is why some call it the zoo.