TA debunked?

This is a discussion on TA debunked? within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by PATrader The chart is a footprint of the market. Everyone predicts, that's needless to say. Even if ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 21, 2012, 1:15pm   #41
Joined Nov 2001
Re: TA debunked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATrader View Post
The chart is a footprint of the market. Everyone predicts, that's needless to say. Even if I am looking at the right most candle right now, I am also predicting. The market 10 days ago and now could be in an uptrend. So I am predicting that the trend will continue. Yes, i am predictive, so is everybody else reading charts or using fundamentals.
Yes, ok, I see your point, but accurate prediction is going to be trend as shown in pasrt performance. I try to predict correctly, too, but nothing that I can see from a chart gives me gives me complete confidence. Otherwise, I would not use stops.

It seems to me that we do not want to face the facts because, otherwise, what else is there? That philosophy makes losers of a lot of people.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 1:18pm   #42
 
ChocolateDigestive's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
Post Re: TA debunked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
And the forum is not a place for you to go around insulting people and attempting to belittle them. Still, you seem to enjoy doing that, even though it usually ends up backfiring.



Correct & that is EXACTLY why I'm not mentioning that on the thread It is irrelevant to the conversation as it's not being discussed.

You just made assumptions loaded with biases as to why I posted here.

I understand why you follow me around here, I do actually take it as a compliment.

Thanks for mentioning that I sell products, it always ups the hit count on my site when someone points that out. Most people fail to notice



Correct - although in agreeing with you, I guess I'm trying to push my products.
Ha ha. Follow you around dream on. Contrary to what you say I do not try and belittle people I only seek to expose vendors with hidden agendas. Re - comments about your website hit count. This just confirms to me what you are up to. Make a few posts then watch the website hits come in. You carry on counting your website hits mate. The rest of us continue to seek to improve their trading,

Mods - can we get this blatant vendoring to stop he has admitted to posting purely for hits on his website. This is why some call it the zoo.
__________________
accept no less then 1000% daily profits, click here
ChocolateDigestive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:54pm   #43
Joined Nov 2001
Re: TA debunked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hare View Post
Can someone please tell me where everyone gets this ridiculous idea that TA is predictive ? Is it written in a book somewhere ?, is there a website where this nonsense is being promoted ?

Where did this ridiculous urban myth start, and why does an alleged trading forum allow it to continue ?

I could point you to thousands of books, articles, and websites where there is clear and definite proof provided that TA is non predictive. There's a mountain of evidence to support that view.

Despite all of the evidence to the contrary, trading forums are filled with people discussing the predictive capabilities of TA. What is it about forums that lead to such irrational behavior ?
We predict, more often than not, incorrectly. The market predicts nothing. However, the human being what he is, believes that he can get it right.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:22pm   #44
Joined Apr 2006
Re: TA debunked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
We predict, more often than not, incorrectly.
Lets assume they are wrong 60% of the time. If that where the case, you could improve the accuracy of predictions just by tossing a coin. Most peoples trading performance would not be improved by tossing a coin (it probably wouldn't change for better or worse).

Better still, you could fade your own predictions (or get the wife to do it) and be right 60% of the time (but they still wouldn't make money)

Its often been said that you could give most people the next days high and low and they still couldn't make money.

Making money has nothing to do with prediction (unless you make your living reading fortunes on Brighton seafront)

There is something very weird about trading forums, either people are deliberately muddying pools, or vendoring, or lulzing, but no one ever discusses anything remotely to do with making money. I used to find it funny, but now I'm not so sure.
the hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: bbmac
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:31pm   #45
Joined Sep 2008
Re: TA debunked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hare View Post
Lets assume they are wrong 60% of the time. If that where the case, you could improve the accuracy of predictions just by tossing a coin. Most peoples trading performance would not be improved by tossing a coin (it probably wouldn't change for better or worse).

Better still, you could fade your own predictions (or get the wife to do it) and be right 60% of the time (but they still wouldn't make money)

Its often been said that you could give most people the next days high and low and they still couldn't make money.

Making money has nothing to do with prediction (unless you make your living reading fortunes on Brighton seafront)

There is something very weird about trading forums, either people are deliberately muddying pools, or vendoring, or lulzing, but no one ever discusses anything remotely to do with making money. I used to find it funny, but now I'm not so sure.
When I'm in a trade I just close my eyes, squeeze my butt cheeks, and pray.
Works 50% of the time

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:38pm   #46
Joined Apr 2006
Re: TA debunked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
Works 50% of the time
That should be more than sufficient
the hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:07pm   #47
 
DionysusToast's Avatar
Joined Dec 2009
Re: TA debunked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateDigestive View Post
Ha ha. Follow you around dream on. Contrary to what you say I do not try and belittle people I only seek to expose vendors with hidden agendas. Re - comments about your website hit count. This just confirms to me what you are up to. Make a few posts then watch the website hits come in. You carry on counting your website hits mate. The rest of us continue to seek to improve their trading,
We had this saying in the playground - "you only pull the hair of the girls you want to kiss"

So - carry on, I know what it means when you do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateDigestive View Post
Mods - can we get this blatant vendoring to stop he has admitted to posting purely for hits on his website. This is why some call it the zoo.
I really hate to break this to you.

A number of the mods think you are a d1ck.

Hope this helps.
__________________
Yes - this IS a protest!
DionysusToast is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:22pm   #48
 
ChocolateDigestive's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
Re: TA debunked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
We had this saying in the playground - "you only pull the hair of the girls you want to kiss"
I can assure you I don't want to kiss you and I certainly dont want to purchase any of your products

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
I really hate to break this to you.

A number of the mods think you are a d1ck..
lolol. Nice to see you using the forum 'like a mature adult' surprising given your recent posting below. Is it really any surprise the mods dont like me, given this site makes money from advertising and vendors. Yeah that ChocD is a d1ck isn't he yeah, PBoyles yeah what a d1ick. I can just imagine them in the T2W canteen now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
Is there some reason you can't discuss an issue like a mature adult?
You are just peppering the forum with bu775hit from your veneer of understanding. The sort of numptyism that is golden like:

(i) Why are spreads safer? on the spread thread

(ii) blatant mistruths about HFT, clearly obvious to someone who knows his stuff on HFT that you are a numpty. your 'tape reading' tools are evidence of this, on a nas5ty retail platform please.....

(ii) but worst of all on this thread basically saying TA doesn't work when YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT FOR A FACT again you are talking 5hite and it's all about an agenda to push your tape reading services.

since you are called me a d1ck by proxy I call you out as a dirty vendor sexpat.

back to checking your website hits please.
__________________
accept no less then 1000% daily profits, click here
ChocolateDigestive is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:48pm   #49
 
ChocolateDigestive's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
Re: TA debunked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
TA is the science of looking at effect hoping to find cause.

This is absolute nonsense. Here is the the definition of TA as provided by investopedia.

A method of evaluating securities by analyzing statistics generated by market activity, such as past prices and volume. Technical analysts do not attempt to measure a security's intrinsic value, but instead use charts and other tools to identify patterns that can suggest future activity.

TA is nothing to do with finding cause.

On a thread titled 'TA debunked' I just wanted to set the record straight. Don't be fooled by people who have different agendas. A counter argument will now be posted (together with insults) to tell you that you should be searching for 'cause' and the way to do this is by purchasing said persons products.

good trading to you.
__________________
accept no less then 1000% daily profits, click here
ChocolateDigestive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:22pm   #50
 
forker's Avatar
Joined Jul 2008
Will you 2 get a room....
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bush's concocted Iran "Threat" Debunked BSD The Foyer 16 Jul 22, 2012 12:06pm
Technical analysis "debunked" article BDT279 Technical Analysis 16 May 9, 2012 8:22pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)