TA debunked?

This is a discussion on TA debunked? within the Technical Analysis forums, part of the Methods category; I agree, no balance. Most people here wouldn't begrudge t2w making money, after all it is a business venture but ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:07am   #61
Joined Sep 2008
Re: TA debunked?

I agree, no balance. Most people here wouldn't begrudge t2w making money, after all it is a business venture but if they drive away all the decent posters and traders then what's left??

Interesting read:
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/t2w-...n-order-2.html

Notice that although no names were mentioned only 1 current vendor felt the need to defend himself and even touted his wares while doing it! Are you kidding me???

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:26am   #62

Joined Feb 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
I agree, no balance. Most people here wouldn't begrudge t2w making money, after all it is a business venture but if they drive away all the decent posters and traders then what's left??

Interesting read:

Notice that although no names were mentioned only 1 current vendor felt the need to defend himself and even touted his wares while doing it! Are you kidding me???

Peter
yes, that was the thread that the only concession given was the switching off of the vendor has a site it's lit! please click me light.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:26am   #63

Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post

Interesting read:

Peter
oh dear that thread made for sad reading.

I like where you posted
__________________________________________________ _____________________

You didn't need the product to start you just needed a plan. You did post some good info that I have no issues with, but you made it a point to repeatedly trash everyone else's methods by being the "opinionated asshole" as you call it and implying that YOUR method was the only one...then lo and behold you have a product for sale that augments your method. THAT"S what the problem is. It was all marketing. As I said you were just a bit more clever and you still are the only vendor that feels the need to defend yourself here. Why do you think that is
__________________________________________________ ______________________

6 months down the line he is still trashing everyone's thread unchecked.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:41am   #64
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004

All this "vendor" talk is just too loose.

Look, there are vendors and vendors and vendors.
A good start might be to categorise them properly, before trying to determine what should be done about them.

Add to the list...here's a few to get started.

Broker rep.
Software sales.
EA vendor.
Chart providor.
Mentor.
Coach.

Are they all the same ?

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:51am   #65
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
All this "vendor" talk is just too loose.

Look, there are vendors and vendors and vendors.
A good start might be to categorise them properly, before trying to determine what should be done about them.

Add to the list...here's a few to get started.

Broker rep.
Software sales.
EA vendor.
Chart providor.
Mentor.
Coach.

Are they all the same ?
err, yes? scum. lol

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: ChocolateDigestive , the hare
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:52am   #66

Joined Jun 2009

If fundamental traders want to remain blind they need to go walk with the shepherd. Me ? I'm keeping my eyes wide open.

Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:56am   #67
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinola View Post
If fundamental traders want to remain blind they need to go walk with the shepherd. Me ? I'm keeping my eyes wide open.

Errr....righto

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 2:40am   #68

Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateDigestive View Post
oh dear that thread made for sad reading.

I like where you posted
__________________________________________________ _____________________

You didn't need the product to start you just needed a plan. You did post some good info that I have no issues with, but you made it a point to repeatedly trash everyone else's methods by being the "opinionated asshole" as you call it and implying that YOUR method was the only one...then lo and behold you have a product for sale that augments your method. THAT"S what the problem is. It was all marketing. As I said you were just a bit more clever and you still are the only vendor that feels the need to defend yourself here. Why do you think that is
__________________________________________________ ______________________

6 months down the line he is still trashing everyone's thread unchecked.

Here's the problem....

You posts stuff. I debunk it. You go postal and make a fool of yourself. You then cry to mommy saying I'm an evil vendor.

Feel free to go point by point through any of my replies in this thread by the way.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:28am   #69
Joined Jul 2008
Still, I really don't care what vendors do so long as it doesn't get to the point they become mods or spam every thread with marketing. There is always the ignore button for those of you who feel sold out by them. Anyone care to explain why they hate vendors to the point that they need to hammer at it day in day out?
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:31am   #70

Joined Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by forker View Post
Still, I really don't care what vendors do so long as it doesn't get to the point they become mods or spam every thread with marketing. There is always the ignore button for those of you who feel sold out by them. Anyone care to explain why they hate vendors to the point that they need to hammer at it day in day out?
Love spurned?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:00am   #71

Joined Mar 2012

Members such as Toastie, should be encouraged, not driven away. What i see on this forum is a very wide streak, of spite, battered ego and jealousy.

If you can't trade, come on down to T2W, and bash the successful membership. The same old members who have never proven anything, hide behind smoke screens, cats in bags, and snide remarks.

Maybe it is time for a clear out?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:21am   #72
Joined Jul 2008
To be fair, not everyone bashing vendors are as you say, some of them do know what they're doing. I don't think it's a case of jealousy. It's clearly a case of difference of opinion.
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:31am   #73

Joined Mar 2004

At least Toastie puts up charts, opinions and trades.
If vendors want to sell stuff then they should prove it with action imho not just words.

But to get back to the subject on this thread. I use TA after scorning it for years. Neural nets etc. didn't cut the mustard any better. They are all right some of the time and none all of the time. I even tried " the flight of birds " with much the same results.
I have even got an idea and am looking for some trader enthusiast who happens to own about 20 chickens. Any offers - nearly all free and might work.
Me

Last edited by Pat494; Jul 22, 2012 at 8:39am.
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: DionysusToast
Old Jul 22, 2012, 8:55am   #74

Joined Dec 2009

Pat - does this involve putting the 20 chickens in the same bag that Hare keeps his cat?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:10am   #75
Joined Apr 2006

I have several bags, and each contain several cats, and that's where they are staying !
the hare is offline   Reply With Quote