Making the daily analysis threads less visible

This is a discussion on Making the daily analysis threads less visible within the T2W Feedback & Announcements forums, part of the Off the Grid category; I'm referring to those analysis threads updated on a daily basis, mostly with a commercial intent, and which tend to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:01pm   #1
The Staff are paid members employed by T2W to perform some specific role such as editorial, advertising or technical work.

Joined Nov 2000
Making the daily analysis threads less visible

I'm referring to those analysis threads updated on a daily basis, mostly with a commercial intent, and which tend to get little or no interaction from members. I'm not referring to member journals.

It's been suggested to me that we create a new forum for these types of threads and then hide them from the 'New posts' page.

The reasoning being they clutter up the list of new threads and are of little interest to the majority of the membership.

Feel free to share your thoughts below.
Thanks! The following members like this post: timsk
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:27pm   #2
Joined Feb 2002
Bury them.

Most of the thread-starters won't engage if you post a comment or query. They don't disclose their analysis or methods so its impossible to gauge their value. I note many daily commentaries are copied and pasted on multiple sites simultaneously.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:37pm   #3
The Staff are paid members employed by T2W to perform some specific role such as editorial, advertising or technical work.

Joined Nov 2000
Sharky started this thread Yeah that's pretty much the way I see it, unwanted noise with very little value created.

+1 then for the new forum.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 5:52pm   #4

Joined Nov 2009
+2
malaguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:41am   #5
Joined Sep 2008
+3
wackypete2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:32am   #6

Joined May 2014
+4

I use "Thread Tools -> Ignore This thread" several times a day to bury such threads which keeps "New Posts" fairly in shape.
f2calv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:20am   #7

Joined Nov 2000
Sharky started this thread Great, thanks for the feedback everyone - I'm going to action this later today. Good tip f2flav about using the ignore thread feature.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:59am   #8
Joined Jul 2008
Sharky, unrelated to the topic but important nonetheless. There has been a noticeable reduction in participation across the site over the last few years. I remember doing a refresh and having pages of new updates to look through. These days it's light. Perhaps a think about new features/competitions/professional blogs.... to give the site more pull and gain a larger community. Personally I am not looking to attract more new traders but more professionals. I would be willing to even pay a subscription to be part of a community of professionals. Maybe others have an opinion on this, although I suspect it won't align with mine.
forker is offline   Reply With Quote