Making the daily analysis threads less visible

This is a discussion on Making the daily analysis threads less visible within the T2W Feedback & Announcements forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Daily Analysis forum created in the Commercial category. We've moved most threads across (but will keep an eye for any ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:20pm   #9
The Staff are paid members employed by T2W to perform some specific role such as editorial, advertising or technical work.

Joined Nov 2000
Sharky started this thread Daily Analysis forum created in the Commercial category. We've moved most threads across (but will keep an eye for any more) and we've updated the New Posts button to exclude them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forker View Post
Sharky, unrelated to the topic but important nonetheless. There has been a noticeable reduction in participation across the site over the last few years. I remember doing a refresh and having pages of new updates to look through. These days it's light. Perhaps a think about new features/competitions/professional blogs.... to give the site more pull and gain a larger community. Personally I am not looking to attract more new traders but more professionals. I would be willing to even pay a subscription to be part of a community of professionals. Maybe others have an opinion on this, although I suspect it won't align with mine.
Thanks for the feedback forker. By professional do you mean non-retail traders, or those retails traders that have an established track record of success? I'm guessing that latter. Well, I'm all in favour of hearing out members ideas for what we could do differently. The more I think about, the more a survey of the current active members is probably long overdue (the last one we did was 5 years ago). The internet has changed a lot in the past several years, so stepping back and better understanding T2W's place in it sounds like a really good idea.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 4:38pm   #10
Joined Jul 2008
The later but it's important to exclude ones that use this as a platform to advertise their services. Just a raw community of traders that love their work and enjoy dialogue with equal counterparts.
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tomorton , wackypete2
Old Sep 14, 2016, 11:20am   #11
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
The new forum is up and running, you can view it here: Daily Analysis. So, what do you all think - do you notice a difference and does it enhance your enjoyment of T2W?

I've populated the new forum with the obvious candidates - but I will have overlooked some and may have included a few that don't warrant being in there. Please flag up any discrepancies to me (not the Mods) - and I'll attend to them.
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2
Old Sep 14, 2016, 11:42am   #12
Joined Feb 2002
Very helpful grouping thanks Tim. Occasionally I do want to challenge my own analysis on this or that so this is a helpful single location to easily do just that.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: timsk , Sharky
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:40am   #13
tar

Joined Nov 2006
I think they should be visible on new posts without any exclusion. At least they give sense that the site is serious and its about trading .

Without them it looks like a trolling paradise with less content about trading .

Btw i never read these analysis threads .

Seriously at least they give some sense of content .
tar is offline   Reply With Quote