new threads on home page

This is a discussion on new threads on home page within the T2W Feedback & Announcements forums, part of the Off the Grid category; show on home top 30 new threads created in all categories. elitetrader.com made it and personally I like it very ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 27, 2016, 2:12am   #1
Joined Oct 2010
new threads on home page

show on home top 30 new threads created in all categories. elitetrader.com made it and personally I like it very much as I may see right away the discussions I would like to participate. Right now I have to spend time to browse through your categories to see whether there is something interesting.

I do not know what is going on, but I have feeling that your forum is dying.
viktor_k67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2016, 6:57am   #2

Joined Jun 2008
there is a 'new posts' button at the top of the page
mb325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2016, 7:09am   #3

Joined Feb 2004
but elite only show the top 30 new threads

t2w has a top 50

to find it you scroll down the main boards page and click top 10 stats, sit back and peruse the top 50 at your leisure.
Old May 27, 2016, 7:31am   #4
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post

t2w has a top 50

to find it you scroll down the main boards page and click top 10 stats, sit back and peruse the top 50 at your leisure.
Well said LM!

Elite is a very fine forum but, for the OP to imply that it is in some way superior to T2W, is nothing short of heresy!

viktor_k67 - in recent years, T2W has suffered at the hands of other social media - as has Elite, Forex Factory and other community forums. However, we are still going strong and, while the activity levels aren't what they once were, most of the discussion threads are about trading and are conducted in good humour, without the trolling and flaming that afflicted the site in days gone by. Suffice to say, we'll still be around when the fickle masses have long become bored of the likes of Twitter and Facebook etc.
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: options-george
Old May 27, 2016, 9:17am   #5
The Staff are paid members employed by T2W to perform some specific role such as editorial, advertising or technical work.

Joined Nov 2000
As mb325 pointed out, the "New posts" button is at the top of every page and gives you quick access to all the new posts. Is that sufficient or did you just want to see a list of new threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktor_k67 View Post
show on home top 30 new threads created in all categories. elitetrader.com made it and personally I like it very much as I may see right away the discussions I would like to participate. Right now I have to spend time to browse through your categories to see whether there is something interesting.

I do not know what is going on, but I have feeling that your forum is dying.
Old May 28, 2016, 6:59pm   #6
Joined Oct 2010
viktor_k67 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb325 View Post
there is a 'new posts' button at the top of the page
1. If I did not notice rhis button it means it is not visible or I am too lazy to look for it

2. Too many steps even it is one extra click

I am not going to to argue or push you to do anything - I am just saring my experience as a user.
Old May 28, 2016, 7:03pm   #7
Joined Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post

t2w has a top 50

Too comlicated. I do not think as a user I do not have to ask anyone to instruct me how to use forum. When I come to a forum, I should be able to figure out everything from the first view.

I am just saring my experience as a user and what I like or do not like. It is up to developers and managment to gather information from users and make a decision how to improve a user's experience.
Old May 28, 2016, 7:06pm   #8
Joined Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Well said LM!

Elite is a very fine forum but, for the OP to imply that it is in some way superior to T2W, is nothing short of heresy!

viktor_k67 - in recent years, T2W has suffered at the hands of other social media - as has Elite, Forex Factory and other community forums. However, we are still going strong and, while the activity levels aren't what they once were, most of the discussion threads are about trading and are conducted in good humour, without the trolling and flaming that afflicted the site in days gone by. Suffice to say, we'll still be around when the fickle masses have long become bored of the likes of Twitter and Facebook etc.
Tim.
Not trying to insult, just sharing the experians. I nderstand, the competitions is high and there is always someting new which drugs people away.