How can T2W better serve its community?

This is a discussion on How can T2W better serve its community? within the T2W Feedback & Announcements forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Please post your suggestions here, all shapes and sizes welcome!...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 5, 2014, 2:42pm   #1
The Staff are paid members employed by T2W to perform some specific role such as editorial, advertising or technical work.

Joined Nov 2000
How can T2W better serve its community?

Please post your suggestions here, all shapes and sizes welcome!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:37pm   #2
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
1) Community live trading rooms. eg Index trade room, Forex trade room. Using web hosting interactive software like ivocalise. May need to be subscription depending on cost to host.
Also could be used as a guest trading education resource.

2) Simple competitions where members can pit their wits against each other and the markets. Small prizes always help, vouchers, trading books etc.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: lexcorp , hereward the wake
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:14pm   #3

Joined Oct 2006
Forum software needs updating.

I post on other forums that work more like social media sites. E.g you get an alert every time someone quotes one of your posts. You can tag other members in threads alerting them to the conversation. The idea being that you keep coming back to see how many alerts you have.

All to often, I will post on a thread here and then totally forget about it

Last edited by ffsear; Aug 5, 2014 at 4:15pm.
ffsear is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: lexcorp
Old Aug 5, 2014, 4:20pm   #4
Joined Jan 2014
Free beer at Christmas......................
Sonicscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:51pm   #5

Joined Sep 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Please post your suggestions here, all shapes and sizes welcome!
Organise a Xmas lunch back at China City (now called Imperial China) in Soho again !

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/

Last edited by Mr. Charts; Aug 5, 2014 at 5:52pm.
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:24pm   #6
The Staff are paid members employed by T2W to perform some specific role such as editorial, advertising or technical work.

Joined Nov 2000
Sharky started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
1) Community live trading rooms. eg Index trade room, Forex trade room. Using web hosting interactive software like ivocalise. May need to be subscription depending on cost to host.
Also could be used as a guest trading education resource.

2) Simple competitions where members can pit their wits against each other and the markets. Small prizes always help, vouchers, trading books etc.
Live trading room - we haven't had one on T2W for years, the most recent one we had hosted on PropBoards (when it was still managed by T2W). That used the BlaB software from http://hot-things.net/ but iVoacalise looks interesting and let's you do voice conferencing.

If any one can recommend some other software, we can decide what's most appropriate. For example, video conferencing, screen sharing etc.

There's quite a history of contests on the sites (share ---> dow ---> forex contests). If anyone can come up with a concept for another type of contest, ideally hosted in the forum (like the S&P one we currently sponsor), I'd be happy to put up some prizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffsear View Post
Forum software needs updating.

I post on other forums that work more like social media sites. E.g you get an alert every time someone quotes one of your posts. You can tag other members in threads alerting them to the conversation. The idea being that you keep coming back to see how many alerts you have.

All to often, I will post on a thread here and then totally forget about it
ffsear, do you have instant alerts turned on by default? It's in your Options here: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/prof...do=editoptions - see "Default Thread Subscription Mode". That way you get notified about any new posts to threads you participate in. If you mean something else (I think you do), then drop me a message with the forums and I'll take a look if it's something we can incorporate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicscooter View Post
Free beer at Christmas......................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charts View Post
Organise a Xmas lunch back at China City (now called Imperial China) in Soho again !
Aww yes, fond memories! =)

Sounds like a xmas meet-up is long overdue. Let the free beer flow....
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:53pm   #7
Joined Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12WBT View Post
Free flights to the UK.

Free T2W bot with 100% winners.

Economic and corporate calendar.
Also what ffsear said.
Dare I say it .... Oscars got a pretty good events/news calendar
TwinToWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:39am   #8

Joined Aug 2008
Ok.. how about a 'Chart of the day' Could be a weekly competition. Posters submit 2 x charts with a trade or trades they actually made with notes the where's and whys. Posts limited to 2 per person per week and one must be a trade or trades that didn't work out, as instructive as ones that did imo.

Prizes for the good, the bad and the ugly.
hereward the wake is offline   Reply With Quote