How can T2W better serve its community?

This is a discussion on How can T2W better serve its community? within the T2W Feedback & Announcements forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by Sigma-D Can I ask you robster why you believe the thread lost momentum? I don't think it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:46pm   #25

Joined Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma-D View Post
Can I ask you robster why you believe the thread lost momentum?
I don't think it ever gained momentum........
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:01pm   #26
Joined Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by robster970 View Post
I don't think it ever gained momentum........
OK. Why do you think it never gained momentum?
Sigma-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:24pm   #27

Joined Dec 2008
Quote:
OK. Why do you think it never gained momentum?
Honestly? There was no need for it. We just wanted a place to hang out.

I think people said they wanted better trading related content but the group of us that are/were full time traders didn't really need to talk endlessly about trading. We wanted to hang out with each other for company. Occasionally we would discuss trading but we knew each other pretty well, knew where we were in terms of competence and felt comfortable just being friendly with each other rather than trying to prove stuff to each other.

I'm not trading full time at the moment (I am running a corporate turnaround in Germany) but I daresay when that finishes and I switch back to full time trading, I'd probably come back here just for chats and lulz. More likely I'll hang with DT at Big Mike's because we trade the same security in the same style and I like Pedro as a human being and trader.

Last edited by robster970; Aug 7, 2014 at 1:25pm.
robster970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:29pm   #28
Joined Apr 2014
Which, unfortunately, means counter_violent was correct in that the more experienced traders don't really have much to talk about with each other that's trading related and get tired of the one-way street when discussing trading with newbies. But I presume that wasn't the ethos on this site when you joined it robster? So what's changed: the site, trading or the people who now comprise the general membership?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:36pm   #29
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
I'm talking about information exchange, however that's dressed up, there comes a point where it is either all one way, or the poster quits because he considers the other participants offer nothing of value in return.
Yes , IMO its much more complicated than that , some did quit because they had to work a regular 8-16 job , others did quit after getting a promotion on their trading job/career , others did quit after facing a dead end on their prop trading and thus looking for other ventures . And many did quit because of forum's moderating policy - FXMO's thread ... etc - .

... etc
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:40pm   #30

Joined Dec 2008
Quote:
Which, unfortunately, means counter_violent was correct in that the more experienced traders don't really have much to talk about with each other that's trading related and get tired of the one-way street when discussing trading with newbies. But I presume that wasn't the ethos on this site when you joined it robster? So what's changed: the site, trading or the people who now comprise the general membership?
The skew in 2008 when I came here was that experienced traders generally dominated the tone of the conversation so that newbies who understood this is not a get rich quick scheme, had a body of information that could be tapped and was useful in the development of a trader. Relationships developed, information was provided, experience was imparted.

Now, I see those experienced traders being marginalised through the difficult balance the site tries to straddle between generating advertising/sponsorship revenue and new eyeballs vs keeping the content useful which in itself, is anti-vendor to the point where the experience has buggered off because it is not allowed to (a) hang out or (b) criticise vendors.

The site policy is what it is. It reaps what it sows. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by robster970; Aug 7, 2014 at 1:41pm.
robster970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:47pm   #31
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
Yes , IMO its much more complicated than that , some did quit because they had to work a regular 8-16 job , others did quit after getting a promotion on their trading job/career , others did quit after facing a dead end on their prop trading and thus looking for other ventures . And many did quit because of forum's moderating policy - FXMO's thread ... etc - .

... etc
Yes, all of that and more.

As far as moderation policy.

It's interesting that members don't seem able to accept that there are many individuals, styles and points of view that make up a forum.

So each member will have their own ideas about limits, boundaries, behaviours etc etc, and each one of them will think that they are right. (well they would wouldn't they)

So, what's the answer then ?

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:51pm   #32
Joined Apr 2014
So Sharky's request as per the title of this thread is really directed to banner-clicking newbies rather than experienced old hands who would actually be more useful than the banners clicked.

In which case I'm sorry to have missed the site's zenith and I'm sorry its policies have had the impact that they have.