How can T2W better serve its community?

This is a discussion on How can T2W better serve its community? within the T2W Feedback & Announcements forums, part of the Off the Grid category; The reason the private forums foundered is that the audience was never invited That was certainly not the case with ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:26pm   #17
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
The reason the private forums foundered is that the audience was never invited
That was certainly not the case with some of the forums and some had a large membership but when key characters decided not to contribute any more (which was not down to trolling as forum leaders could expel them) then the content stopped as well.
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:06am   #18
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
That was certainly not the case with some of the forums and some had a large membership but when key characters decided not to contribute any more (which was not down to trolling as forum leaders could expel them) then the content stopped as well.
+1
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:46am   #19
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
Which leads us on to why the content dry's up from those sufficiently knowledgeable and able to provide it. After a while, they realise that there's just no upside in sharing and educating others ( think bbmac ), and especially when nothing comes back in return.

Collaborations on the other hand are a different matter....they can be very fruitful but usually very small numbers of people involved. 2 or 3 people.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:25am   #20
Joined Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Which leads us on to why the content dry's up from those sufficiently knowledgeable and able to provide it.
Which is exactly the question I was going to ask and therefore perhaps the one Sharky should ask of those quality posters who now rarely post or stopped posting altogether. You must still have their contact details. Ask them. Then ask them what would need to be the ideal scenario for them to want to contribute and participate again. Offer them that (only if you can deliver) and a free premium membership for life.

Quote:
After a while, they realise that there's just no upside in sharing and educating others ( think bbmac ), and especially when nothing comes back in return.
Is that really the case, in every case?

By far the most of the 'good' threads for which I have had access appear to have died because of personal issues with other members and typically, the provocation comes from the usual quarters and the usual suspects. You don't have to be on this site for too long to be able to draw a vertical line and put on one side 'the good guys' and on the other side 'the envious, nasty, sniping wannabees and angry failed traders'. The makeup of each group changes over time but the demarcation is constant.

Look at the Journey from the Basement thread. I have no idea if that guy was genius or madman, but the moderator was up front in saying there would be zero tolerance for slagging off and sniping. It ran for a million years. Still not sure if that was a good thing or not, but when there is a mandated will to protect the talent (TBD) and that will is exercised and seen to be exercised, the talent continues to publish.

Sharky, I said in a post above the premium area should be open to non-premium members. Gave that some thought. Make that just the premium forum structure and premium thread tittles.
Sigma-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: new_trader
Old Aug 7, 2014, 9:01am   #21
tar

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Which leads us on to why the content dry's up from those sufficiently knowledgeable and able to provide it. After a while, they realise that there's just no upside in sharing and educating others ( think bbmac ), and especially when nothing comes back in return.
I wonder what could that be ! So we're back to hidden agendas and vendoring ...

Last edited by tar; Aug 7, 2014 at 9:02am.
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 9:36am   #22

Joined Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
Isn't that implemented already ? Via private forums like "Just Trading" for example , only invited and approved members can participate in , but its hardly active at the moment , yes its for free but its the same principle .
I just told Sharky he could pull 'Just Trading' because nobody uses it......

Last edited by robster970; Aug 7, 2014 at 9:37am.
robster970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 10:13am   #23
Joined Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by robster970 View Post
I just told Sharky he could pull 'Just Trading' because nobody uses it......
Can I ask you robster why you believe the thread lost momentum?
Sigma-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2014, 11:49am   #24
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tar View Post
I wonder what could that be ! So we're back to hidden agendas and vendoring ...
I'm talking about information exchange, however that's dressed up, there comes a point where it is either all one way, or the poster quits because he considers the other participants offer nothing of value in return.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote