How can T2W better serve its community?

This is a discussion on How can T2W better serve its community? within the T2W Feedback & Announcements forums, part of the Off the Grid category; If one of you chaps will start a swing / position traders thread I'll be happy to pitch in. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:00am   #73
Joined Feb 2002
If one of you chaps will start a swing / position traders thread I'll be happy to pitch in. I am almost always in major forex pairs using EOD prices and entry. Occasionally also lesser currencies like PLN, HUF, SGD etc.

Trades are trend-following, none of my trades are opened as intra-day, though I occasionally take profits early if I get in late, just after the Open say, and price goes parabolic.

Why don't we do it and see where it goes?
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:23am   #74

Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
If one of you chaps will start a swing / position traders thread I'll be happy to pitch in. I am almost always in major forex pairs using EOD prices and entry. Occasionally also lesser currencies like PLN, HUF, SGD etc.

Trades are trend-following, none of my trades are opened as intra-day, though I occasionally take profits early if I get in late, just after the Open say, and price goes parabolic.

...and me
barjon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:44am   #75
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
If one of you chaps will start a swing / position traders thread I'll be happy to pitch in.. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
...and me
@Jason101,
I don't recall offhand which market(s) you trade but, given that Tom is into Forex these days and I'm guessing that Jon still trades equities and indices, I'll revise my earlier suggestion to a more general thread where anyone can contribute - regardless of the markets/instruments they trade.

With the above in mind, how about a thread entitled End of Day Swing & Position Traders Thread - or something similar in the Discretionary Trading forum (in the Methods category)? Whoever starts it might like to make it clear that the focus is on the longer term view, and trades ought to be longer than one day. This will help to ensure that people like me who regard themselves as intra-day swing traders don't infect the thread with pesky day trades!

Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tomorton
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:24pm   #76
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
@Jason101,
I don't recall offhand which market(s) you trade but, given that Tom is into Forex these days and I'm guessing that Jon still trades equities and indices, I'll revise my earlier suggestion to a more general thread where anyone can contribute - regardless of the markets/instruments they trade.

With the above in mind, how about a thread entitled End of Day Swing & Position Traders Thread - or something similar in the Discretionary Trading forum (in the Methods category)? Whoever starts it might like to make it clear that the focus is on the longer term view, and trades ought to be longer than one day. This will help to ensure that people like me who regard themselves as intra-day swing traders don't infect the thread with pesky day trades!

Tim.
Hi Tim,

I am in all markets (as long as it's trending.)

Currently open - FX (major & miner), Bonds and ETF's
Recently closed, Equities and commodities (last open, oil.)

I swing and position trade (via trend following), although lately it has been harder and harder to hold out for the positions due to the unsettled nature of recent market dynamics.

The thing is end of day plus trading has so many topics that I feel one thread would become a jumbled mess.

I really believe it needs it's own forum in the Methods or other section. I have often gone quiet on t2w for a few weeks at a time because threads are so heavily dominated with replies through intra day lenses. It can be quite alienating for end of day plus traders.
I have often thought of posting a thread asking for advice on which other (rival) sites may better cater for longer term traders. But thought that a little cheeky.
Kind Regards
Jason

Last edited by Jason101; Feb 7, 2015 at 11:31pm.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:39am   #77
Joined Feb 2002
Hi Jason - I kind of agree. Although I have tried and not been very successful trading shares and then indices, and am now happily profitable trading forex, I still at heart believe that a viable trading methodology is transferable to almost any instrument. All the more so if it operates across a longer time-frame which is subject to less individuality or market/locality-specific behaviour. This does suggest that one of the Methods forums would be a good home.

I spend quite a bit of time questioning and refining my own methodology - much less than I spend reading up on other people's analysis of the latest EUR/USD price action and very much less than I spend reading central bank rate announcements. So your idea strikes a chord with me for one. Best wishes.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Jason101
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:47pm   #78
The Staff are paid members employed by T2W to perform some specific role such as editorial, advertising or technical work.

Joined Nov 2000
Sharky started this thread @Jason101 and @tomorton, consider your wish granted...
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/swing-position-trading/

As Tim said we merged the forum into Discretionary Trading a while back, but I agree it's a broad enough topic to deserve it's own forum. I'll spend a bit of time moving some of the related threads back into it.
Thanks! The following members like this post: tomorton
Old May 2, 2015, 5:59pm   #79

Joined Mar 2004
I did start the successful weekly S&P 500 thread, which is still running in the capable hands of Atilla and the Shark kindly donates a prize every quarter.

I have had another, I hope good idea. Must admit I haven't got through all the back pages , so excuse me if it has been broached before.

The idea is to have a grid of the major Forex pairs.
Each day members would be invited to put in their " looking good " calls for the day, up or down. Entries would close at midday and it would be taken from there through the day to US closing time ( 9 pm in UK ). To make collating the situation easier on an Excel spreadsheet. A running total for each participant could be made and......the winner is the one who makes the most money by the week's end and get's a Sharky prize too.
Me
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2015, 10:32am   #80

Joined Mar 2004
Any thoughts ?

Not sure if I quite explained the idea well enough.
Say Eur/Jpy etc.would have a box on the grid each, split in half for up or down.
Me
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote