Swing trading all the way.

This is a discussion on Swing trading all the way. within the Swing & Position Trading forums, part of the Methods category; I would agree with Schoe. I am pretty new to volume analysis but each new high has slightly lower volume, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 10, 2005, 6:10pm   #9
Joined Apr 2005
I would agree with Schoe. I am pretty new to volume analysis but each new high has slightly lower volume, and the last move up is on particularly lower volume. Also lots of dojis and could possibly be 3rd wave of elliot wave?

Just my thoughts but I might bank some profit and look for a nice setup to get short.

Barjon - does your system provide short signals, I am interested as to why it has only providing buy signals or are you filtering it based on uptrend?
Verno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 7:02pm   #10

Joined May 2003
Verno

Yes, I swing both ways

As you suggest, when the trend is up (as the 2 above) I'm only interested in swing lows and long entries. Vice versa when trend is down.

For my purposes the "trend" changes when there is a sustained break of previous swing low/high subject to a few confirmations.

good trading

jon
barjon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 11:25am   #11

Joined May 2003
What do you scan for?
jonnyy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 11:32am   #12

Joined May 2003
ADX moving above 30 and visually through ftse100 constituents
barjon is online now   Reply With Quote