What type of order would it be?

This is a discussion on What type of order would it be? within the Stocks forums, part of the Markets category; Hi! Given that I have a long position in stock A, I intend to sell it if it drops below ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:02pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
What type of order would it be?

Hi!

Given that I have a long position in stock A, I intend to sell it if it drops below $50 or rises above $60. How should i execute an order to meet both criteria?

Thank you.
charlesczc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:53pm   #2
Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesczc View Post
Hi!

Given that I have a long position in stock A, I intend to sell it if it drops below $50 or rises above $60. How should i execute an order to meet both criteria?

Thank you.
Attach an OCO instruction to the open position to sell on stop at $49.95 and a limit order to sell at $60.05.

The OCO will fill whatever order is triggered first and cancel the remaining order, hence the order type One Cancels Other
highbury fx is offline   Reply With Quote