How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

This is a discussion on How To Make Money Trading The Markets. within the Stocks forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by Charlton I think there is absolute clarity here. Richard has shown clearly that he is a vendor, ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 28, 2009, 5:15am   #513
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton View Post
I think there is absolute clarity here.

Richard has shown clearly that he is a vendor, both in his badge and in occasional references to how his career progressed from dentist to trainer.

He has told us many times that the strategy he presents in this thread comprise just one of those that he uses and that it does not NEED level 2, even though you might get a better edge by using it.

He has provided free education here and it is up to each follower of his thread to decide whether the free strategy is right for them.

If it is right for them, they then need to determine whether or not they wish to pursue further 121 training with him to learn about L2 or other strategies. I assume that they will do that based on whether they have already made a profit using the free strategy.

If the free strategy is not right for them I doubt that anyone would say - Oh it hasn't worked because I don't know about L2, so I will have to be trained on that. I think they would be more likely to say, "Richard's strategy is not right for me, so I won't pursue training with him further".

It seems that many people have enjoyed his thread and wish it would continue.

It is a shame that so many threads end because of emotionally charged language rather than civilised debate and questioning. It would also be more fruitful if this debate was conducted outside of the thread in question in those cases where the flow of the thread would be ruined for those who wish to follow it.

Charlton
Good post, Charlton, and I agree with you that people should be mature enough to decide for themselves whether to continue to read a thread, or not. I, myself, take what I want from most threads and rarely read them from beginning to end. Nevertheless, points seen by some should be raised so that others can see them, too.

There is one specific question that I would ask you and others, though.

What was wrong with tenbobtrader's post?

No opinions without specifying the offending words, please. A thread should be able to survive one dissenting poster. So should a another poster. I have had more hurtful things said against me in my time. I certainly, have no intention of leaving because of the opinion of one person.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 8:52am   #514
 
Charlton's Avatar
Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
There is one specific question that I would ask you and others, though.

What was wrong with tenbobtrader's post?

No opinions without specifying the offending words, please. A thread should be able to survive one dissenting poster. So should a another poster. I have had more hurtful things said against me in my time. I certainly, have no intention of leaving because of the opinion of one person.
Splitlink

You make an assumption that I am referring specifically to tenbobtrader's post, but my last paragraph about emotional language is more generalised. In fact it refers to all threads - this one - Trader's Dante's or any thread that has attracted a following and then becomes derailed through emotional language from EITHER side.

In fact Tenbotrader highlighted this issue himself in post 498,

"many times others answered on your behalf in an aggressive endorsing manner, imho killing any debate regards the validity of the (PART) method posted on this thread, you then later endorse the answer when the gunfire is judged to have subsided or that is how it appears"

This is why I suggest that criticism of what are clearly popular threads on the grounds of the threadstarter's intent would best be made outside of the original thread, so that those who wish to read the original uninterrupted may do so. On the other hand debate that is related to technical aspects of a strategy are fine.

This is, after all, what the posting guidelines state:

"7.9 Keep your posts related to the topic of the thread. Irrelevant posts, particularly those which are intended to take the thread completely off topic will be moved to a new thread, or may be removed altogether.
7.10 Please keep your posts as constructive as possible and avoid making a post that adds little or no value to the discussion, for example "That's so cool." Poor grammar, spelling and misleading titles, make it harder to read the forums."


I am even reluctant to make this response here, because by doing so I am merely prolonging the diversion from the thread's original intent.

I should add that I myself use other strategies than those elucidated in this thread, but clearly there are many who would like to see the thread free from distractions.

Charlton
__________________
Onwards and Upwards
Charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 9:03am   #515
Joined Feb 2008
I have to say, I'm normally quite vocal about vendors.

Most of the vendors on this site are here for a single post, they spam the board with a link to some piece of **** EA and then get banned.

Mr Charts has made no attempt to hide the fact he's a vendor. He's showing us an entry technique that can be used. I actually PM'd him and traded emails about this entry technique and he did give me some more insight into it as well as some literature, all free of charge. None of the literature was pre-sales collateral dropping hints and promising more, it was all pure information free of hyperlinks or hints to buy something.

At no point during this exchange did he offer for me to join up as a student, nor did his emails contain any links to any training website.

You can actually make the technique here work but like Mr Charts says, maybe it works better with L2.

This thread was going fine until tenbobtrader started sticking his oar in. I have to wonder how much effort he put into trying to trade this method. I wonder if he reached out to Richard to confirm things he didn't understand. I am guessing he didn't. I am guessing in fact that he did little more than read this thread, see the 'works better with level 2' comments, saw his half-empty glass and started crying foul. I would also hazard that at no point will this guy ever be a successful trader. There's some free info here, it's of use. No point getting your titty in a wringer just because you aren't given the whole thing gratis.

It would be a shame if this thread ended here in my opinion. This site needs a few more traders and a few less critics who have shown a good degree of ineptness trading-wise thus far.
pedro01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 9:58am   #516
Joined Jun 2009
not much of an oar was it

I agree mr charts is a vender and he is very open about it (see open to my my post)

followed the thread from the start and repped 1st post under the AKA bladerunner and a couple of other posts I think

re read the thread again

never attempted to trade method, not that interested in US stocks

posted what I did not understand on the thread in apparently the wrong tone

excellent response so far by everybody except mr charts

mr charts could have answered my post in a bullet format for the benefit of other thread followers and moved on

I was about to post a short thank you to mr charts initial response advising readers to check it out for themselves

usual sheep started posting their allegiance and reppying each other in some mad feeding frenzzzzzzzzzy
tenbobtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:10am   #517
Joined Nov 2001
Charlton

I accept tht you were posting in general terms. It would, as you say be better if there was a separate thread for criticisms but, I'm afraid, it is human nature to address the source of the problem diectly as, on another thread, the dissenting poster is likely to be ignored completely, or answered by someone who is nothing more than the mother hen for the intended recipent

Searching questions are likely to be unpleasant to the recipient. No one likes to be the object of them but where would we be if they were not allowed? David Cameron is a thorn in Gordon Brown's hide. I'm not a fan of Cameron but I'm glad that he is there.

If anyone takes an authoritative line, then he should expect to answer relevant questions.

Anyway, as some of you rightly say, this has spoiled the thread, but it is not, necessarily, the questioner's fault. This particular questioner has been asking them way back.

Split
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:22am   #518
Joined Jun 2009
you get the government you deserve imvho

good posts imho from .......... Sandpiper Split Chorlton & 007

do not agree with your last line 007 ....... don"t want to fall out about it, not a bigggg"y

"I consider Richard's response to be very worthy and it's so nice that he's not thrown his toys out of the cot! "

there are a few on the floor imo

guess when the smoke settles you could cut the posts on the original thread and put them on another sister thread with a visible link ........ HEATED DEBATE THIS WAY ........SOME ASSSSsssss HOLE DARES TO QUESTION THE THREAD MASTER

leave you all to it

I agree pedro01

"Those that tell don't know. Those that know don't tell. "

later


Andy
tenbobtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:26am   #519
Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenbobtrader View Post
not much of an oar was it

I agree mr charts is a vender and he is very open about it (see open to my my post)

followed the thread from the start and repped 1st post under the AKA bladerunner and a couple of other posts I think

re read the thread again

never attempted to trade method, not that interested in US stocks

posted what I did not understand on the thread in apparently the wrong tone

excellent response so far by everybody except mr charts

mr charts could have answered my post in a bullet format for the benefit of other thread followers and moved on

I was about to post a short thank you to mr charts initial response advising readers to check it out for themselves

usual sheep started posting their allegiance and reppying each other in some mad feeding frenzzzzzzzzzy
OK - so in summary.

You haven't tried this method.
You posted on this thread & didn't get the type of reply you expected (what color bullet points did you want ?)
Everyone not on your side counts as 'sheep'.

Given your tone, I presume you are quite a profitable trader, right ? I guess the threads you started so far were just playing with us ? I look forward to your own thread showing all a profitable way to trade.

By the way - Trader Dante has some threads showing trading methods too - I think you may be needed over there to tear him to shreds.
pedro01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:27am   #520
Joined May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charts View Post
There is “one” poster on this thread today whose comments I haven’t read as I have him on ignore. Anyone who posts messages wanting me dead when he doesn’t even know me needs the sort of help I can’t provide.
That was me.

TBH this whole episode has been blown out of proportion. Too many diva's on this site. I don't see why someone who has questioned a vendors methods (albeit in a manner that was a tad sarcastic) can't just discuss the matter with the vendor instead of being lynch mobbed by followers. Lets just get over it. If you don't like "Richard's" stuff they stay out of the thread. IMO this stuff isn't too detailed but I didn't come here to be spoon-fed. Anyone who wan't to buy his stuff should be left to their own devices. It might even work for them.
Technically Fundamental is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just HOW do you make money in the markets? Highlander1 Trading Systems 122 Nov 23, 2015 4:39pm
Best Thread: How To Make Money Trading The Markets. Mr. Charts Stocks 707 Apr 28, 2011 6:27pm
How not to make money trading the markets (part 2) Hotch Trading Journals 23 Jan 23, 2011 4:32am
deleted posts from How To Make Money Trading The Markets thread The Expert T2W Feedback & Announcements 2 Feb 18, 2010 12:17pm
How not to make money trading the markets Hotch Trading Journals 56 Oct 7, 2009 3:57pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
Modern Trader