How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

This is a discussion on How To Make Money Trading The Markets. within the Stocks forums, part of the Markets category; This technique, as I said, works in most time frames, but you have to allow for greater intra candle range ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 10, 2008, 11:37am   #76

Joined Sep 2001
Mr. Charts started this thread This technique, as I said, works in most time frames, but you have to allow for greater intra candle range in your position sizing and risk control if you use charts only.
I'm keeping my eye on CRM and FAST over the next few days, just in case they set up.
Richard

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 10:18pm   #77

Joined Sep 2001
Mr. Charts started this thread This is the LEH trade I mentioned in post #73 on Tuesday.
Again the pattern is the same.
This move was for a very satisfactory $2.69 per share
Again X hairs on the entry and screenshot at the time of exit.
It looked like a potential volume blow off, so I was alert to that, although they can go on longer than you think and in any case this is about trading what you see.
Although it's not visible on the chart, the buys and sells became erratic and wide ranging on the bid and ask sides and sometimes that increased instability indicates a posssible imminent reversal. Time to take profits whilst they are still there.
Richard
Attached Thumbnails
090908leh.gif  

T2W interview

Old Sep 12, 2008, 9:24am   #78

Joined Sep 2001
Mr. Charts started this thread I don't mind questions via EMAIL, which does seem to cut out some of the silly ones sent via PM (which I will no longer read).
This sort of thing,
"is charting/technical analysis different from proprietary trading?"
What can I say?
Richard

T2W interview

Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:54am   #79
BSD

Joined Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charts View Post
I don't mind questions via EMAIL, which does seem to cut out some of the silly ones sent via PM (which I will no longer read).
This sort of thing,
What can I say?
Richard
Lol !

Sounds like a case for him:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 4:01pm   #80

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
I don't mind questions via EMAIL, which does seem to cut out some of the silly ones sent via PM (which I will no longer read).
This sort of thing,
What can I say?
Richard
Richard,

For all your dozen set-up's, who many candidates do you generate from the day before?

How many do you subsequently track in real time during that day (ie what % are discounted by news or opening price action).

How do you susequently track these during the day - do you follow each candidate visually or have you further screens programmed into your software?

How many hours of each trading day do you follow the market - do you follow the mid day lull?

Thanks in advance,
UTB
Old Sep 13, 2008, 7:15pm   #81

Joined Feb 2004
Quote:
This sort of thing,
What can I say?
Richard
Name and shame, oh go on

Am I being thick here?, I fail to see the mental/technical barrier that keeps the pm system to certain types of user vs the email system. and why silliness is confined to pm
Old Sep 14, 2008, 9:38am   #82

Joined Feb 2008

What a joke.

It's fundamentals which is the same as proprietary trading as they are both news reading instruments to trade with.
I use prop trading with my 10 systems and 30 indicators.

Some people.
Lee Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 11:01am   #83

Joined Jul 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning McQueen View Post
Name and shame, oh go on

Am I being thick here?, I fail to see the mental/technical barrier that keeps the pm system to certain types of user vs the email system. and why silliness is confined to pm

I'll have to pm you with the answer to that one m8.

"Adapt or die!" Said the Coackroach to the Dinosaur.

Beware of false signals bearing gifts.

"I have seen the enemy...and it is me."

Follow the path of least resistance.
options is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2008, 12:12pm   #84

Joined Sep 2001
Mr. Charts started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by the blades View Post
Richard,

For all your dozen set-up's, who many candidates do you generate from the day before?

Normally very few.

How many do you subsequently track in real time during that day (ie what % are discounted by news or opening price action).

Even fewer

How do you susequently track these during the day - do you follow each candidate visually or have you further screens programmed into your software?

I have a list of stocks which is added to from scans and often stocks are removed if they don't move much, if volume is too low, etc.
In other words the list is fluid. I monitor them in two ways.
Firstly, they are in a quote box which I can quickly scroll down at a glance.
Secondly, I have six charts up on another monitor of those stocks which need closer attention because they look likely to set up one of those dozen situations.

This might sound complicated, but it's less complicated than driving. Once you get used to dealing with a fluid scenario, and gain experience, it's as easy as driving.

How many hours of each trading day do you follow the market - do you follow the mid day lull?

I sometimes trade premarket. I often finish about 5.30 to 6 UK time and then sometimes trade the evening session as well.
One of the many reasons I think US stocks are good to trade is that people with a day job can come home in the evening and trade till market close at 9

Hope that answers your questions,
Richard
Thanks in advance,
UTB
Richard

T2W interview

Old Sep 14, 2008, 12:36pm   #85

Joined Sep 2001
Mr. Charts started this thread Lightning McQueen,

You have email.

T2W interview

Old Sep 14, 2008, 2:59pm   #86

Joined Aug 2004
Thanks Mr Charts.

UTB
Old Sep 14, 2008, 4:51pm   #87
Joined Nov 2007
Hi Mr. Charts,
Can I ask you about your trade entries..

On the examples so far you seem to be showing just basic directional break-out trades with your entries on the break of the usual standard cardinal price points (25,50,75 &100).

Surly with reading Price action, the most prudent entry point is always on the momentum loss sideways action around these cardinal price points, rather that being late to the party on the actual break as this leaves you more exposed to failure?

The old saying Buy on Red & Sell on Green is very appropriate when looking to trade directional momentum break-out trades.

Thanks
R.W
R.Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:29am   #88

Joined Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Wilson View Post
Hi Mr. Charts,
Can I ask you about your trade entries..

On the examples so far you seem to be showing just basic directional break-out trades with your entries on the break of the usual standard cardinal price points (25,50,75 &100).

Surly with reading Price action, the most prudent entry point is always on the momentum loss sideways action around these cardinal price points, rather that being late to the party on the actual break as this leaves you more exposed to failure?

The old saying Buy on Red & Sell on Green is very appropriate when looking to trade directional momentum break-out trades.

Thanks
R.W
Was this supposed to be a question ?

Whats the point of mentioning Cardinal points when clearly this is not the case and totally inapproriate to the topic of the thread.

Mr Charts has clearly said and shown his method. If you then disagree, why don't you start another thread .....with your thoughts.......or give some evidence as its soooo "Surely.........very appropriate"

If you think its sensible to buy on red, then go ahead and demonstate.

Here Mr Charts is looking for a non volatile, gently trending instrument that is unlikley to go red when he wishes to buy, as that would be the exit.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:30am   #89

Joined Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by the blades View Post
Thanks Mr Charts.

UTB
reading 6-0 owls jeezz.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:54am   #90
Joined Nov 2007
I thought there was some law in equities that you couldn't short on an uptick....????
MrGecko is offline   Reply With Quote