How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

This is a discussion on How To Make Money Trading The Markets. within the Stocks forums, part of the Markets category; Mr Charts, Are you using eSignal's live streamed data? (i.e. approx $100 per month) - seems like a lot per ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 8, 2009, 2:16pm   #369
Joined Mar 2006
Mr Charts,
Are you using eSignal's live streamed data? (i.e. approx $100 per month) - seems like a lot per month but I guess the accuracy of live data is invaluable when you're doing short term trades (.......& if you're making money it more than pays for itself)

Is the Turbo Scanner included in this monthly fee or do you need to buy it seperately?

Thanks,
S
Sam2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2009, 2:21pm   #370

Joined Sep 2001
Mr. Charts started this thread sam2018,
I use eSignal - no problems - cost is totally insignificant when you are trading for a living. No business is without its costs. No-one trades using inaccurate data - at least not knowingly, whether they are in a trade for 7 minutes or 7 hours.
Check out the eSignal site for yourself for their charges.

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 10:29pm   #371

Joined Jan 2006
Mr Charts. This is a fantastic thread and one that would be very beneficial for slightly more than newbies... your style has a lot of merit... thanks for posting... it's also encouraging to know there are others out there fighting on out there everyday and making it by applying simple and consistent setups (for those "bad" days when one loses discipline and balance).

It is a great thread and just wanted to thank you for taking the time.
Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 10:34pm   #372

Joined Jan 2006
Dont open a business and expect no overheads...

Not to sound arrogant or condescending = but $100 per month really is not a lot of money...think about it as a business... if you have a retail outlet you would have lots of different "necessary" overheads in order to have the shop running well... No one would even think about opening a retail outlet with no Staff or no Telephone... so if you run a trading "business" then $100 per month for live data seems quite necessary. Especially in Mr Chart's case of trading 1 minute bars !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam2018 View Post
Mr Charts,
Are you using eSignal's live streamed data? (i.e. approx $100 per month) - seems like a lot per month but I guess the accuracy of live data is invaluable when you're doing short term trades (.......& if you're making money it more than pays for itself)

Is the Turbo Scanner included in this monthly fee or do you need to buy it seperately?

Thanks,
S
Old May 9, 2009, 10:39pm   #373

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charts View Post
They are always there, these set-ups, even on quiet days.
+43c bread and butter trade
I exited because I could see a rush of buying on level 2 and T&S.
As usual, red X hairs on the entry and image taken at time of exit.
Richard
Hi Mr Charts,
Re: your Post#316 and its chart
This is an interesting example... It looks like on the chart before the gap lower, it was already trending down and there was a period of a few lower highs as the candles sank lower... There would seem to be 2-3 other spots where one would be taking a short position earlier than when you posted... was that possible/true ?

I understand that its not always that we catch the setups = sometimes we only look at a stock after something highlighted it... this question is more to do with... whether I am reading your thread correctly and analysing this chart... it would look like just before the gap a setup presented itself, and also after the gap lower at one point it also trailed off lower for a short... before the point where you actually took that short trade. Am I correct, in locating possible setups ?

Rgds.
Old May 11, 2009, 1:31pm   #374
Joined Jun 2008
serenity, your thoughts are the same as mine, ie. the 6th last bar the previous day could be a short, way too close to the close tho,
or the 13th bar and the 17th bar, as you can see the 13th and 17th entry's are a lot choppier than richards entry,this might have been obvious on LII as support, or not
Bry.
The fact is that only a small percentage of any given population are willing to do whatever is necessary to achieve wealth. Few people are willing to do what most are unwilling to do. Those who succeed, are the ones willing to go beyond their comfort zones and challenge their beliefs. They are the ones prepared to understand themselves, their conditioning and their psychology.
bfirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2009, 1:52pm   #375

Joined Sep 2001
Mr. Charts started this thread I don't open positions in the last 5 mins before market close.
I don't hold positions overnight because I would not be in control.
Because a stock falls in the last few minutes before close does not mean it will gap down the following day.
I enter a trade when the move is smooth and readable, not when it's choppy.

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2009, 3:02pm   #376

Joined Sep 2001
Mr. Charts started this thread PS
Serenity, thanks for your kind words,
Richard