How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

This is a discussion on How To Make Money Trading The Markets. within the Stocks forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by Mr. Charts I can't tell you that because they will ban me for advertising ! You could ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:45pm   #2151

Joined Oct 2003
Red face Re: How To Make Money Trading The Markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charts View Post
I can't tell you that because they will ban me for advertising !
You could google my real name or my nick or PM or email me.
Richard
Apologies. I assumed it would be Ok by now due to how long you've been on the site.

Ok...googling and oogling..
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:57pm   #2152

Joined Sep 2001
Mr. Charts started this thread Here's a brief analysis of a trade today using the method in this thread.
The stock was ANF and I found it pre-market from two sources:
1) it was a gapper,
2) the mixed Q3 guidance ahead of analyst day.

Market open and after a few minutes it created a high 'a' , then a low 'b', then a lower high 'c' , then a lower low 'd'.
This action constituted a classic four point trend definition.
This could have then moved anywhere and after that long one candle (3 minutes) plunge it was reasonable to expect some sort of bounce so I was looking for a convincing fall below 'd' with falling candles (as described many times on this thread).
When that occurred I shorted and exited as shown on the screen grab for 64c per share profit.
I traded ANF again a little later and lost 7c, again following my methodology of keeping any losers small.

This method (and most of the other ones I use) are applicable with only slight modifications to most trading instruments, FX, indices, whatever and also across most time frames so hopefully some people might find this post useful.
Attached Thumbnails
061113anf.png  

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:59pm   #2153

Joined Apr 2001
Quote:
I can't tell you that because they will ban me for advertising !
You could google my real name or my nick or PM or email me.
Richard
re the comments above... funny how Im just looking through the site seeing whats cooking and there are plenty of Ads that arent banned... funny how the treatment is still skewed.

Thought I would pop past and see your old thread... nice to see if still going strong... this one has been going uber strong for years..

Aiming to be long term successful, not short term lucky

Trading Breakouts Strategy - ARTICLE
Newtron Bomb is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:18pm   #2154
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtron Bomb View Post
. . . funny how the treatment is still skewed.
Nothing skewed about it at all Phil - it's simply a case of no one spotting the ad' (or whatever) and, those that do, don't bother to report it. The Mods don't have the time - let alone the inclination (as they're unpaid volunteers) - to spend every waking hour trawling the boards on the off-chance they'll stumble across an ad' or a vendor without a badge etc. If you see 'em, report 'em, it's that simple!

Tim.
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2013, 6:49pm   #2155

Joined Sep 2001
Mr. Charts started this thread
Quote:
re the comments above... funny how Im just looking through the site seeing whats cooking and there are plenty of Ads that arent banned... funny how the treatment is still skewed.

Thought I would pop past and see your old thread... nice to see if still going strong... this one has been going uber strong for years..
Some methods just keep on working

I used to report the scammers and blatant adverts (and nastiness when directed at other people) but don't any longer.
There was a guy recently who had an ad in his avatar and his charging web site in his signature and posted very frequently. He also kept advising people to google his web site and also didn't have a vendor badge.
After I'd reported it a few times over a few days he was still allowed to continue so I said (as I'd done on other occasions) that if I had advertised like that I'd have been banned. The mod replied telling me not to complain when I reported a post.
The mod was obviously irritated by my complaint so I thought why should I bother reporting scammers and blatant adverts which were allowed to continue for many days when I got that sort of response. I understand the shortage of mods, but I felt justified when repeated reports were not acted upon.
So, no more reports from me.

T2W interview

Last edited by Mr. Charts; Dec 2, 2013 at 6:52pm.
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:07pm   #2156
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
So, no more reports from me.
Hi Richard,
Generally, the Mods are a good bunch who do their level best. Sure, they get it wrong sometimes (they're only human after all), and it sounds like they did so in your case. (Perhaps there was some personal 'history' between you and the Mod' concerned?) However, as I said to Phil, please keep in mind that they are unpaid volunteers and if old timers like you take the approach that you have - and post it publicly for all to read - then new members joining might follow your lead. And that would be a crying shame.

If it's any consolation, I've had more than one bad experience with Mods myself in days gone by. It's going to happen to anyone who has been around T2W as long as we have. Even so, I report posts on a daily basis because I have faith in the system and see first hand what a great job (generally) that they do. So, please reconsider your position on this. Failing that, please don't encourage others to follow your lead!

Tim.
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:15pm   #2157

Joined Feb 2009
Quote:

Well, since you brought up the topic, you shouldn't really have that link to youtube in your signature, as it links to an account which links directly to your vendor site. So that's a breach. I don't see how you can complain about skewed treatment when it is probably skewed in your favour. Rather than report it and give the mods more work, I thought it better to just post here.

Last edited by Shakone; Dec 2, 2013 at 7:17pm.
Shakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:32pm   #2158

Joined Sep 2001
Mr. Charts started this thread Hi timsk,
There was no "history" between that mod and myself, I clearly just bugged him by complaining that I'd be banned for advertising the way someone else was allowed to. I realise mods are not available 24/7, but in this instance it had gone on for some days and I could see that mods were reading that person's posts and had decided to do nothing.
I do not wish to discourage people from reporting breaches of t2w rules, I meant that I had been "discouraged"
Richard

T2W interview

Last edited by Mr. Charts; Dec 2, 2013 at 7:32pm.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:39pm   #2159

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
4 point trend definition

hi there

do you have a description of the 4 point trend definition anywhere, to go with the pictorial you included in your post?

I'd find it helpful to understand it better

thanks

Quote:
Here's a brief analysis of a trade today using the method in this thread.
The stock was ANF and I found it pre-market from two sources:
1) it was a gapper,
2) the mixed Q3 guidance ahead of analyst day.

Market open and after a few minutes it created a high 'a' , then a low 'b', then a lower high 'c' , then a lower low 'd'.
This action constituted a classic four point trend definition.
This could have then moved anywhere and after that long one candle (3 minutes) plunge it was reasonable to expect some sort of bounce so I was looking for a convincing fall below 'd' with falling candles (as described many times on this thread).
When that occurred I shorted and exited as shown on the screen grab for 64c per share profit.
I traded ANF again a little later and lost 7c, again following my methodology of keeping any losers small.

This method (and most of the other ones I use) are applicable with only slight modifications to most trading instruments, FX, indices, whatever and also across most time frames so hopefully some people might find this post useful.
w1ldcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2013, 2:41am   #2160

9 Posts
Joined Dec 2013
Classic short set up and execution. Well done
adinfinite is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote

« Daily Stock List | - »