Is IG Markets for me?

This is a discussion on Is IG Markets for me? within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Thanks for the replies. Can anyone suggest an alternative? I would like to trade oil cfds with dma access. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:41pm   #9
Joined Jan 2015
si_mon started this thread Thanks for the replies. Can anyone suggest an alternative? I would like to trade oil cfds with dma access. I have been considering Ninjatrader with their own brokerage but they do not do cfds just futures, also, they do not have a mobile platform.
si_mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:39pm   #10
Joined May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by si_mon View Post
No thats the point. If they dont state dma access then you dont get live prices, prices are their prices, some with a 15 minute delay. This is why its hard to trust any brokerage. Theres nothing to stop them stop loss hunting with random spikes they generated but that never actually happened.

Perhaps a small starting account with ig to test initially may be the way go.

I have been looking at trading futures rather than cfds, at least my orders go straight to the book.
Please name the firm, who offering prices,with a 15 minute delay.
brasil2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:54pm   #11
Joined Jan 2015
si_mon started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by brasil2000 View Post
Please name the firm, who offering prices,with a 15 minute delay.
Sorry didnt mean 15 minutes. What I meant was the price/chart you see on SB platforms is their price, not necessarily the true underlying price. From what I understand its delayed and can be manipulated.
si_mon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:22pm   #12

Joined Nov 2001
Price manipulation ?

Quote:
Sorry didnt mean 15 minutes. What I meant was the price/chart you see on SB platforms is their price, not necessarily the true underlying price. From what I understand its delayed and can be manipulated.
Can you show the proof or source for this allegation of price manipulation please.
Thanks! The following members like this post: 12WBT
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:30pm   #13
Joined Jan 2014
If you want direct market access to oil, you need a futures broker. Are you capitalised enough for this?

Personally, I have absolutely no problem dealing with a market maker, who are brokers that take the other side of your trades. I don't care what they do with my trades, as long as the price is good and execution fast. Good market makers want lots of winners doing business with them, because they value repeat customers with large accounts.
Stargunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:41pm   #14
Joined Aug 2013
Quote:
Hi

I am relatively new to trading but have been running successful demo accounts for a while, so now is the time for me to take the plunge and open a live account.

I have registered (although not funded yet) and IG account, but having read numerous negative reviews I am no longer sure they are for me.

Can anyone suggest a reliable broker that can give me DMA access to CFD's (specifically crude oil CFD's)?

IG claim they provide DMA access to CFD's, the LSE also states they do, their salesman gives a good speech about how they do, but yet there are many reviews to the contrary. Their own disclosure doc states they take the other side of my deals.

Please help, as the whole situation of choosing a good broker is wrecking my head!

Other firms I have looked at include, saxo (high initial balance, AP markets (doesnt offer crude cfds), CMC and Ninjatrader inc their own brokerage.

Cheers
I use IG (through Accendo Markets) and have had no issues. Iíve tried the other brokers (CMC/CityIndex etc) but they do not offer DMA which is what I wanted.

Youíll find negative reviews for everyone so I suggest you try them out and see how you get on.

If you are going to use IG, use their L2 platform, which gives you a direct feed to the LSE.

Ask for my contact at Accendo Markets (John Truong) who has been a great help getting me set up!
lucas_king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:49am   #15

Joined Dec 2004
Quote:
Can you elaborate please. What is good about IB?
IG changed their execution with me from instant fills to leaving me hanging on orders then cancelling them , buy-sell to open and orders closing trades..... if your a losing trader you'll have no issues
millsy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2015, 2:59pm   #16
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargunner View Post
If you want direct market access to oil, you need a futures broker. Are you capitalised enough for this?

Personally, I have absolutely no problem dealing with a market maker, who are brokers that take the other side of your trades. I don't care what they do with my trades, as long as the price is good and execution fast. Good market makers want lots of winners doing business with them, because they value repeat customers with large accounts.
Yes this is partly true, markets makers gives you an opportunity in trading the markets, and this at a very low entry level. But being a market maker they can and will at times stop you if you are "too" successful. They are not allowed to manipulate the price feed and execution time on a client level according to the MiFID, but some of them certainly don't care about regulation. They want to have your business, but not to any cost of price, this is where some of them draw the line.

To be honest, how many would trade with a market maker if you had all the means of trading the real market? There is the tax part of SB but really, is it worth it, there are just av few of us that benefits from doing it. I still like and prefer, after many years of trading with market maker to stick with them. Some of them are actually doing a pretty good job in letting us trade the "markets". This is of course good as long as you don't have any illusions, in what they can actually do for you.
gle101 is offline   Reply With Quote