Is IG Markets for me?

This is a discussion on Is IG Markets for me? within the Spread Betting & CFDs forums, part of the Commercial category; Originally Posted by Stargunner If you want direct market access to oil, you need a futures broker. Are you capitalised ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 1, 2015, 1:59pm   #16
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargunner View Post
If you want direct market access to oil, you need a futures broker. Are you capitalised enough for this?

Personally, I have absolutely no problem dealing with a market maker, who are brokers that take the other side of your trades. I don't care what they do with my trades, as long as the price is good and execution fast. Good market makers want lots of winners doing business with them, because they value repeat customers with large accounts.
Yes this is partly true, markets makers gives you an opportunity in trading the markets, and this at a very low entry level. But being a market maker they can and will at times stop you if you are "too" successful. They are not allowed to manipulate the price feed and execution time on a client level according to the MiFID, but some of them certainly don't care about regulation. They want to have your business, but not to any cost of price, this is where some of them draw the line.

To be honest, how many would trade with a market maker if you had all the means of trading the real market? There is the tax part of SB but really, is it worth it, there are just av few of us that benefits from doing it. I still like and prefer, after many years of trading with market maker to stick with them. Some of them are actually doing a pretty good job in letting us trade the "markets". This is of course good as long as you don't have any illusions, in what they can actually do for you.
gle101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:40pm   #17
Joined Nov 2008
All mm brokers are good as long as your losing money, however if your successful you'll face the same problems as Jesse Livermore did.

But like mentioned already, they remove a lot of barriers and allow you to trade with little capital. If you are 'smart' you will only use them to test out your trading and gain experience once you can trade profitably switch to a proper broker or go get a job with a trading firm.