60 Minute Trader

60MinuteTrader

undefinedundefinedundefined
speddoch said:
Does anybody have any info on 60 minute trader. As far as I can gather the method fades the DOW shortly after the open.
Thanks
Hello Speddoch in London , U.K.
Replying briefly to your enquiry. I got it , tried it and disgarded it. That sums it up I think. The bottom line here speddoch is that I have not encountered anyone who can demonstrate how to press a few keys on a computer and make money. Successful traders do not need to promote their books , cd`s, or whatever on the internet, they would not have the time between making all those massive bank lodgements !!! You have probably heard the old saying, If you cannot do it, TEACH IT Seriously though speddoch if there is any specific aspect of 60MinuteTrader you were curious about , email me privately and I will try and help you out
Kind regards,
Peter36 in County Cork, Ireland.

60MinuteTrader

Hello JonnyT ,
I like simple things but the snag is that the SB firms very wisely do not attempt to chase the market up and down like a yo-yo at the open but wait on or around the balance point with a faily static quote until the boat stops rocking .You are clearly thinking along the right lines in so far as it is the simple things which actually work.
With kind regards ,
Peter36 in County Cork, Ireland.

JonnyT said:
Ok it really is simple.

Use 5 minute charts.
Wait for the first move to be finished by a candle in the opposite candle. Go with the counter move loooking for 10-20 points.
Do the same again for the counter move of the counter move.
Use a tightish stop.
It works more often than it fails, giving two winning trades.

Alternatively trade breakouts on the 5 minute chart for RIMM!!!

JonnyT

60MinuteTrader

richsong said:
Bought the book based on the guarantee. Once I realized that it didn't fit my style I requested "no quibble" refund. Absolutely no go! The guarantee is that the system will show x% wins, nothing to do with your satisfaction.

I have the book gathering "dust" in a folder. Learning life's lessons the hard way is costly!

Hello richsong, (in North America ),
Without saying too much or getting myself into hot water with the respective authors I would also suggest that Vince Stanzione`s F inacial Trading Day,
Robert Evans`"Succesful Financial Trading and also Champion Trader by Shiraz A. Lakhi be also left to gather dust !!!
Someone really should come up with a straight talking definition of these various terms like "No quibble Guarantee" which usually means - You will smell the rubber on their shoes burning, just as soon as you part with money !!! A friend of mine recently came up with an infallible method of knowing exactly when politicians were lying......their lips move !!!
We usually learn far more by our mistakes than anything else and lessons learned the hard way are not forgotten.
Regards and best of luck and above all good trading.
Peter36 in County Cork Ireland.

My experience with 60MT is that it was a system far too simple for it to be effective, then on further investigation he sells more ebooks about bollox i wouldnt touch, like lottery winning etc.

The bit that caught me out was the cost of setting up the system with various brokers etc. "if you dont have $2000 dont bother trading"

After requesting his forex book would be better for me, and could i have that instead of a refund, i got no response, in fact all i got was spam in my mailbox, which i unsubscribed to and still got tons of seperate mailing list mails that i had to also unsubscribe from.

so, service is crap, i couldnt bench test it for free so dont know if it works, but i do know its just an indicator expination method, something you lot already probably know, trading DOW using williams%R.

my advice, dont buy it.

cbyp

Sorry but you are wrong saying that I sell lottery systems I don't nor one on forex. I sell 2 book on the trading the Dow.

The publisher sells various books on forex, lotteries and the like, but that's what publishers do.

The bit that caught me out was the cost of setting up the system with various brokers etc. "if you dont have $2000 dont bother trading"

If you do not have $2000 to trade the many would think that you should not be trading, being underfunded is one of the many reasons why people fail, because their accounts are low so will be their winnings which many will then risk too much on a trade and go bust.

After requesting his forex book would be better for me, and could i have that instead of a refund,
Sounds like you want something for nothing, that is not how the markets work. The refund policy is a performance one, if it does work as stated on the site you get your money back. You have failed to show were it has underperformed.

i couldnt bench test it for free so dont know if it works,

You can test it for free, IB have a demo platform free and Sierrachart has a free trial period.
You should have received daily emails showing the open trade showing just one losing day in November so should know it works.

I don't mind people commenting on it if they have tried, but by your own words you haven't.

are there any folks here besides Chris making money trading this method,specifically in futures?

D'

Last edited:
doctrader said:
are there any folks here besides Chris making money trading this method,specifically in futures?

I believe that the method being discussed here sounds something akin to fading-the-open, which the DOW minis set up nicely and often. Simply wait for the DOW to reach its 10am peak on, for example a bullish day, then play it short. Some traders use Williams % to give a heads up when the play is about to reverse, but I find the Williams to be a somewhat manic depressive indicator that is neither accurate, nor optimal for letting "profits run."

Only problem is, while you might make a few points here and there, can you make a living with this one play? I have my doubts.

For those interested, there is a very well publicized e-minis future course put on by Todd Mitchell; I've looked into it---there are plenty of real and authentic endorsements about the course and I believe that Mitchell is legit. Only problem is, I aint got 2k (USD) for the course, and aren't quite sure precisely what he teaches. To look him up, do a Google search with keyword "Todd Mitchell e-minis."

Another interesting trader/teacher is Mel Raiman who uses linear regression in multiple time frames to pick overssold/overbought conditions. His course is called Precision Trading.

Meanwhile, I'm continuing the fight to find some degree of tradeability and some repetitive patterns that could be relied on (beside just the opening fade) to make a living on the e-minis. Despite 3 years and thousands of hours of staring at every chart you could ever imagine, I haven't found them yet. And I may never. Though I will say that the opening fade is one of the few reliable triggers I have come across.

regards,
Ron/Florida

60min

NO I have set of some forex ebooks,does 60min goes with forex.
In others I have a scalping ebook for any liquid markets..
Virshah
[email protected]

speddoch said:
Does anybody have any info on 60 minute trader. As far as I can gather the method fades the DOW shortly after the open.
Thanks

At the end of the day its night,

And we are all obviously looking for a way to make the best bang for our buck. I am about to purchase the 60minute Trader and open a trading account. I am from NZ and the open of the day in my time is 3:30am, so I am more than going out of my way to make this system work for me. By what I have herd the way to go is to not get too greedy and manage the risks at hand.

I have made contact with the Author (60MinuteTrader) and I am pretty confident in this source. I know I am here to try new ways of furthering myself and financial position and if 60Minute does this for me or doesn't it will be another adventure and something learnt.

Great lessons are learnt from doing and doing is a great lesson.

Simon.

Chris is a very helpful guy!

Chris has been very pleasant to deal with and certainly will answer your questions.

Louis

And we are all obviously looking for a way to make the best bang for our buck. I am about to purchase the 60minute Trader and open a trading account. I am from NZ and the open of the day in my time is 3:30am, so I am more than going out of my way to make this system work for me. By what I have herd the way to go is to not get too greedy and manage the risks at hand.

I have made contact with the Author (60MinuteTrader) and I am pretty confident in this source. I know I am here to try new ways of furthering myself and financial position and if 60Minute does this for me or doesn't it will be another adventure and something learnt.

Great lessons are learnt from doing and doing is a great lesson.

Simon.[/QUOTE]

ATT: Chris Kobewka

Chris - if you're still monitoring this thread, I've got a question:

In all sincerity, can your system really be traded throughout the day, or is it really only feasible for fading the open?

Just seems like snagging 6 or 7 points in the morning and calling it a day is just simply not enough to make a living trading. I realize the importance of trading small amounts and being humble - believe me. I've lost 15 thousand pounds trying to do it the other way. But on the other hand, what's the point of being a trader if you're at least not going to make a decent wage? In my view, the robustness of a system is evident by its repeatability. So mutiple trades with your system should be feasible. So again the question: true or not?

Anne

In all sincerity, can your system really be traded throughout the day, or is it really only feasible for fading the open?

The highest win% is with the first trade after the US open, it would be better to concentrate on this and make sure that you are getting a high win% than making additional trades throughout the day. There are usually 2-3 trades within the first hour of trading.

You have to be careful in the afternoon trading as the market usually changes and tends to trend more. Having said that I have made up to 19 trades in one day.

Just seems like snagging 6 or 7 points in the morning and calling it a day is just simply not enough to make a living trading. I realize the importance of trading small amounts and being humble - believe me. I've lost 15 thousand pounds trying to do it the other way. But on the other hand, what's the point of being a trader if you're at least not going to make a decent wage? In my view, the robustness of a system is evident by its repeatability. So mutiple trades with your system should be feasible. So again the question: true or not?

With the right plan, 6 points per day and the correct money management you can make over 1,000% per annum.
I think that many people have unrealistic expectations on returns from trading, probably due to all of the hype. You would be lucky to get a 20%p.a. return from most of the normal institutional investments and it is often said on these boards that 90% plus of traders actually lose money.

Different people will have various ideas as to what constitutes a decent wage. Achieving this wage will also depend upon your trading capital.

I like to work out what I would like to achieve in a year and work backwards to find out what I have to do on a daily basis to make the target.

Yes you can make additional trades throughout the day but get the open one right first. Later trade will have a lower win% but you could look for trades to be in conjunction with double top highs and double bottom lows of the day for safer trades.

Hope this helps

Chris - if you're still here- can you tell me if

"The Mother of All Trading Systems" is, in fact, 60 Minute Trader? The ad looks like the exact same set up.

(Just wondering if the latter is something looking into),

R

Ronfalcone

The MOAT system is by someone else and different from 60MT with longer term intraday trades and larger targets.

Utilises the mini-S&P contract.

It is a breakout system with a filter which stops trading on certain days.

The publisher has added it to the 60MT website to get more traffic and be higher on the search engine rankings.

thank you Chris.

BTW, are you still trading your system? I do know a few people who have purchased it and done well with the opening fade. But they are trading several contracts to make it worthwhile. From my standpoint, I'm still a little reluctant as I can only afford one contract at present, and the point accrual per trade seems a bit too small. Also, there aren't many more trade opportunities after the opening, true>?

thanx,
Ron

Rich Tea Minute Trader

Here is a strategy and it's free....

Seems to work quite well on YM but careful not to get your fingers burnt.

1. Just before the open make a nice cup of tea - I find PG Tips as good as any.
2. Take a fresh packet of Rich Tea biscuits and remove one and keep at the ready.
3. Wait for the first minute candle to form then dunk the biscuit in the tea about halfway and hold in the hot liquid for approx 5 seconds.
4. Gently lift the biscuit from the tea and hold above the cup.
5. This is the important bit: If the dunked half falls back into the cup then SHORT at market, if it remains intact then go LONG. Try and time step no. 5 to coincide with the third candle.
6. Now make another fresh cup off tea, sit back and watch and exit on the completion of the 8 minute candle.
7. If successful then repeat steps 3 - 5 again as many times as you like or until you run out of biscuits.

If not successful try using chocolate digestives....

The above strategy is intended for educational purposes only and trading futures with scalding hot liquids can result in a nasty accident.

rols

I think that a 5 second dunk will result in quite a few short trades.

Ron
BTW, are you still trading your system?

Yes made todays trade.

I do know a few people who have purchased it and done well with the opening fade. But they are trading several contracts to make it worthwhile.

Yes the number of points won per trade is quite low.

Also, there aren't many more trade opportunities after the opening, true>?

The first/open trade of the day has the highest win%, it is usually over in a few minutes then you could change to another method and compare the returns.

Regards
Chris

juanbyte said:
rols

I think that a 5 second dunk will result in quite a few short trades.

Chris

Have you tried McVities? It's about 50/50...

BTW When I have attempted to scalp the YM for real (not on paper) I find the spread is the thing that knocks most of these systems into touch.

At least with the Rich Tea Minute Trader you get a nice cup of tea and a biscuit for your trouble. And it's free!
:cheesy:

rols said:
Have you tried McVities? It's about 50/50...

BTW When I have attempted to scalp the YM for real (not on paper) I find the spread is the thing that knocks most of these systems into touch.

At least with the Rich Tea Minute Trader you get a nice cup of tea and a biscuit for your trouble. And it's free!
:cheesy:

I tried your system, but I was stopped out by the shop security when I tried to get away with my free Tea and Biscuits?

Am I doing something wrong?

You did say it was free or is it a case of 'No Such thing as a Free Tea Break!!'