Is it possible to feel no emotion when you win or lose a trade?

This is a discussion on Is it possible to feel no emotion when you win or lose a trade? within the Psychology, Risk & Money Management forums, part of the Methods category; Originally Posted by foroom lluzers What I am discussing on these threads is not a reflection of my own situation ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:52am   #61

Joined May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
What I am discussing on these threads is not a reflection of my own situation , but discussing (with salesmen and vendors with their point of view ) my knowledge about the subject .

I have developed a stress free method , using a set and forget method , that eliminates psychological demons from my trading
Attached Thumbnails
capture.jpg  
Oscar Reed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:01am   #62
Joined Apr 2017
Emotions can be mastered , can they really?If markets become extremly unpredictable , volatile , irrational chaotic and then they take your stops out , and head in the your direction without you , I can remain cal unemotional

foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:05am   #63
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
For most people it is not entering that will be an isssue it is if the trade goes against them that emotions start to become apparent in my view.
You are correct and this post explains why it happens why .It is the stress response in action , stress because something is not right and market has proved you wrong.,

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educ...ml#post2895796
Attached Thumbnails
ggggggggggggggggg.jpg  
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:10pm   #64

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
I remain completely calm
more like
Click the image to open in full size.

The way I see things theres nothing to get stressed about, I dont see the market as a threat.
I accept the reality of the situation as best I can and execute as best I can in that moment. Theres no right/wrong win/lose.

Ive a dax position that 200pts under water atm, should I be upset?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:05pm   #65

Joined May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktone View Post
more like

The way I see things theres nothing to get stressed about, I dont see the market as a threat.
I accept the reality of the situation as best I can and execute as best I can in that moment. Theres no right/wrong win/lose.

Only if your account is 201.
postman is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: darktone
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:33pm   #66
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
more like

Depend on how u trade , but if price does not go back to +200 for 6 years,you can not make your weekly profits , you are stuck .
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:09am   #67

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Depend on how u trade , but if price does not go back to +200 for 6 years,you can not make your weekly profits , you are stuck .
Well, heres the trade.

The only thing I got stuck with is the 3.25% profit from the other 60 long only tards opened and closed since opening that position.

And heres some facts:-
1) If I do a nero (sit, watch it, do nothing), Dax would have to drop 67,000 odd points to bust my acc.
2) If I do a nero (sit, watch it, do nothing), dax would have to drop 2100 pts to give back the profits from those other 60 tardes.
3) Max size at any time was less than 2x
4) Time at the screen to do all this was an hour over those 11 days (actually, thats not a fact, but its pretty damn close )

Obviously I could do better but I havent put in the time

Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:20am   #68
Joined Oct 2008
Quote:

That's because like most traders you are lazy and do not want to put in the effort.
You will never succeed unless you are ready to put everything in.
There are only a maximum of two ways to trade and this is not one of them.
When you are ready, come and talk to me, until then don't waste my time.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: darktone
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:11pm   #69
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Well, heres the trade.

Backtest enough?Where did you get backtester from ?There are no emotions in back tests .Are you a robot?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educ...g-useless.html
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:13pm   #70

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
Hi DT, Hope you don't mind me asking: How do you deal with these small but very soggy trades? Have you a hard stop 500+ pts away? Or perhaps a time limit after which you shut them down?

Many Ta's
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2017, 12:28pm   #71
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Backtest enough?Where did you get backtester from ?There are no emotions in back tests .Are you a robot?

I find this very intelligent.
Attached Thumbnails
suck-upsa.jpg  
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:42pm   #72

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:

Back testing!? This is good to honest emotionless tarding bro
Old Apr 22, 2017, 1:52pm   #73

Joined Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrads View Post
Hi DT, Hope you don't mind me asking: How do you deal with these small but very soggy trades? Have you a hard stop 500+ pts away? Or perhaps a time limit after which you shut them down?

Many Ta's
I dont use stops mate, ever, no time limits etc. Always open and close on a limit. If things heat up and im looking to lighten I look to limit some place better than last price. Have normally got something at better prices that help to offset the day.

For example, if im -200 and I manage to get out at -50, -100, -199, +1 . Ive done my job as a trader, imho.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 2:02pm   #74

Joined Mar 2014
Quote:
I dont use stops mate, ever, no time limits etc. Always open and close on a limit. If things heat up and im looking to lighten I look to limit some place better than last price. Have normally got something at better prices that help to offset the day.

For example, if im -200 and I manage to get out at -50, -100, -199, +1 . Ive done my job as a trader, imho.
OK gotya. It's is a strategy I'm interested in but the smallest stake is 50p with my broker - I'd need more like 10p!
cbrads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:51pm   #75
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
. . . Ive a dax position that 200pts under water atm, should I be upset?
You trade at a 1,000 p/p dt so, in your shoes, I wouldn't be 'upset'. I'd be in serious need of a shed full of these . . .

nappy.jpg
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: foroom lluzers , darktone