I highly recommend Ashraf Laidi's economics book!

lol, sorry. Just i think people tend to forget what 'price' on a forex chart is: an exchange rate and i'd rather understand what generally tends to move it. Most don't want to learn 'funnymentals' because it's kind of hard and they'd rather waste time looking for magic formulae or just ignore fundamentals althogether-that attitude will probably lose in the long run, the least one could do is not trade near news .

Dear Sir,

Have you developed a strategy based on this book?
A Trading Action Plan?

Have you then backtested your trading strategy over the past 5 - 10yrs

If so, what are the results.. and then based on this, i will look to purchase the book.

Kind Regard,

Dear Sir,

A Trading Action Plan? no

Have you then backtested your trading strategy over the past 5 - 10yrs no

If so, what are the results.. and then based on this, i will look to purchase the book.

Kind Regard,

;)

Dear Sir,

A Trading Action Plan?

Have you then backtested your trading strategy over the past 5 - 10yrs

Kind Regard,

You need 5-10 years of (some-else's) back-testing to decide whether or not to buy a £30 book? Either buy it yourself and see, and/or check out the loads of free information on his website and tweets.

It's not a book about trading in the normal sense. It is about trying to convey the interrelationships between the various currencies, stocks, bonds and the key commodities. It is then up to you what you do with that information. You have to observe, think, read, learn.

Back-testing is for chiropracters and osteopaths.

You Obiousyl don't trade for a living do you.

I trade for a living my friend. All i do is trade, and i never trade a system without valid backtested results to prove the system.

Your here promoting a trading system at the end of the day. If the book cannot be translated into an Action Plan, a Trading System, then is useless for trading.. then its mere entertainment.

Dont let all the theory get in the way, thats why Uni Economics Lecturer's dont trade for a living.. all that knowledge, but have no idea how to turn it into a profitable system

Learn to approach everything as if you were trading for a living.

I'm not saying this book is good or bad, but i need to know if after i read it, can i get from it an Exact Trading Plan, what to look for, and what action to take.

Otherwise to me its useless, because then it cannot become part of my trading plan.

You Obiousyl don't trade for a living do you. true

I trade for a living my friend. All i do is trade, and i never trade a system without valid backtested results to prove the system.

Your here promoting a trading system at the end of the day. If the book cannot be translated into an Action Plan, a Trading System, then is useless for trading.. then its mere entertainment. lol since when was recommending a book promoting a system :LOL:

Dont let all the theory get in the way, thats why Uni Economics Lecturer's dont trade for a living.. all that knowledge, but have no idea how to turn it into a profitable system
george soros;heard of him?

I'm not saying this book is good or bad, but i need to know if after i read it, can i get from it an Exact Trading Plan, what to look for, and what action to take. lol, you want it all on a silver plate, don't you?

Otherwise to me its useless, because then it cannot become part of my trading plan.

:LOL:

Last edited:
also; if i had wanted to promote a system then why on earth would i not have posted in the systems section?

You Obiousyl don't trade for a living do you.
No. Never said that I do.

Well, good for you Sunshine. If all you do is trade, and are making a living out of it, you clearly don't need anyone else's book, or system then, do you.

Your here promoting a trading system at the end of the day. If the book cannot be translated into an Action Plan, a Trading System, then is useless for trading.. then its mere entertainment.
I'm not "promoting" anything mate, just agreeing with the OP that it's a worthwhile book, especially for those who may never have looked at the markets in that way before.

As for your second sentence in that paragraph, well, it's a point of view.
Of course it could be translated into an action plan by an intelligent reader; someone prepared to put some work into it. Clearly you are not that person.

And the 1st word (in this case) is "you're" = you are. "Your" is the possessive.
And you know all of them, and whether they do or don't trade for a living?
Anyway the book in question isn't theory, economic or otherwise.
It is about 250 pages of pretty hard facts, as you would find out if you could be bothered to read it.

But do you know what?
You can read it, or not read it, or do what the Hell you like as far as I'm concerned including walking off the nearest plank, because, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

Shucks - that's what I've been doing wrong all this time. Darn it; thanks for this revelation.

I'm not saying this book is good or bad, but i need to know if after i read it, can i get from it an Exact Trading Plan, what to look for, and what action to take.

Do you know what? I'm going to apologise on behalf of Ashraf Laidi right now because he didn't write the exact book that you, as a professional trader, need right now. Why don't you email him and request that he write a book especially for you? I'm sure he would do this for another £30 or so. All he probably needs is another time-waster like you.

Why you getting upset man?
Relax...
I've already started reading the book, but i think i need some more economics background to understand it.
I want to add some fundamental analysis to my current 100% technical analysis methedology.
So now i want you to recommend me some other book, so that i can read that book in order to understand some terminology in this book.

Why you getting upset man?
Relax...
I've already started reading the book, but i think i need some more economics background to understand it.
I want to add some fundamental analysis to my current 100% technical analysis methedology.
So now i want you to recommend me some other book, so that i can read that book in order to understand some terminology in this book.

Try this http://www.babypips.com/forexpedia/Category:Common_Trading_Terms :whistling

Hehehe.

On a serious note, im more looking for definitions and relationships between libor rates.

I've been looking at wikipedia, its ok

Tenapenny,

You most likely understand the Fundamental side of things better than myself, whereas i am a technical trader.

Lets come together and make a system, basing the fundamentals on this book, and then adding some technical entry method.

Would you be interested in putting our minds together to come up with a set of rules for entry, exit, and money management. Based on the ratio and other fundamentals discussed in this book?

Thanks
Riz

Tenapenny,

You most likely understand the Fundamental side of things better than myself, whereas i am a technical trader.

Lets come together and make a system, basing the fundamentals on this book, and then adding some technical entry method.

Would you be interested in putting our minds together to come up with a set of rules for entry, exit, and money management. Based on the ratio and other fundamentals discussed in this book?

Thanks
Riz

Riz,

I also lean more to the technical side, so probably not the best person you need.

Anyway, I also have a lot of family and work commitments leaving me limited time to develop systems, so would be unable to devote the time necessary for this.

Good luck with it anyway.

Ken