Newbie Options Trader asks "Spread Trade Systems" Versus "Investools"

deejaytrader

Newbie Options Trader asks "Spread Trade Systems" Versus "Investools"

I am a newbie to trading. Last March I enrolled in the Optons and Advanced Options for Online training with "Investools" I have only begun the course work now. This past week I attended an online pitch for "Spread Trade Systems" or "STS"

I am asking if anyone has trained under both of these systems, and am asking which of the two provides the most useable and pratical understanding to options trading?

Sts

I am a newbie to trading. Last March I enrolled in the Optons and Advanced Options for Online training with "Investools" I have only begun the course work now. This past week I attended an online pitch for "Spread Trade Systems" or "STS"

I am asking if anyone has trained under both of these systems, and am asking which of the two provides the most useable and pratical understanding to options trading?

sts is good and $$....i am looking at them too.....where do you stand on your decision?

you do need to acquire the knowledge to use options...i am told

My decision for now is to stay the course and finish the Investools Options course before I spend any more money on any other trading methodology.

STS better than Investools

I did STS - spreadtradesystems starting 2 years ago, after having done Investools about 4 years ago, including advanced options courses with the latter. Too bad you've already paid/signed on with Investools, which doesn't "hold a candle to STS". STS is far superior. They thoroughly cover everything from fundamentals to detailed technical analysis. They actually teach you how to hedge and adjust, how to manage risk, which Investools totally neglected. Moreover, most of STS advanced classes are in real time, not canned on a DVD. There are weekly Sat and Wed market review classes, also live. There is so much more to STS as well. The final overall cost for Investools is SIGNIFICANTLY greater than STS, even as you get less for your $. If I can help anyone else steer away from Investools to STS, my bad experience with Investools will at least help someone else!

STS vs Investools

I did STS - spreadtradesystems starting 2 years ago, after having done Investools about 4 years ago, including advanced options courses with the latter. Too bad you've already paid/signed on with Investools, which doesn't "hold a candle to STS". STS is far superior. They thoroughly cover everything from fundamentals to detailed technical analysis. They actually teach you how to hedge and adjust, how to manage risk, which Investools totally neglected. Moreover, most of STS advanced classes are in real time, not canned on a DVD. There are weekly Sat and Wed market review classes, also live. There is so much more to STS as well. The final overall cost for Investools is SIGNIFICANTLY greater than STS, even as you get less for your $. If I can help anyone else steer away from Investools to STS, my bad experience with Investools will at least help someone else!

You have confirmed my suspicion that the Investools course was probably going to be too lightweight for me.

I attended their introductory seminar on Thursday and I've signed up for their 2-day training for $299/- Many of the attendees at the seminar seemed to have had no prior experience with stocks, so its horses for courses I guess. I have spent the last 2 days at the Investools website and it is way better than OptionsXpress. I like the Prophet charting software.

How does it compare to STS?

sts v investools

i joined this site specifically to figure out whether to go with sts or investools. i took the investing foundations course oct2008 and i have a friend who is in the middle of STS.

i have more to investigate but here is what i know thus far:
investools has a great site for stock data (fundamentals, technicals, green-red arrows, prophet charts, etc). my friend couldnt say the same for STS.

STS seems to offer one "degree" where investools offers an associate, masters and phd. is an investools phd worth $24000? i think the STS program costs $7000.

maybe what would work best for me is keeping access to investools web site ($50/mth) and take the STS program.

id love to hear more comments on this and if there is a better way to a thorough stocks/options trading education.

mike