Betfair or Tradefair for beginner?

trillion

Hi all,

Do you recommend to get comfortable with Betfair (sportsbetting) first before going with Tradefair?
I'm totally new and don't even know if there is a similarity in both and if it is worth to first learn a solid understanding of Betfair (sportsbetting) before moving on to tradefair.

I'm not really into sports, I would just become one of those in-play data readers then the actual betters based on sports knowledge and data.

The only reason for me to start with Betfair, would be to get ready for financial trading.

Financial trading just sounds a bit more heavy and harder to learn without any previous knowledge then Betfair.

Long story short, should I first get a good knowledge and practice experience with Betfair, or can I directly jump into the world of financial trading?

And is tradefair legal in Canada?

Thank you very much.

completely different - tradefair is just a spread betting service provided by a third party - its actually a white lable solution for london capital group (capital spreads) rather than something actually provided by betfair.

Betfair offers you an exchange - you'd probably have a better chance of making money betting using an exchange such as betfair than you would betting against a spread betting provider.

Just to add - I wouldn't look at moving onto spread betting but rather other exchange traded markets....

Then again.. betfair is likely less efficient as a market in general than say CME, Eurex etc... you've probably got a better chance of finding an edge on betfair.

Just to add - I wouldn't look at moving onto spread betting but rather other exchange traded markets....

Then again.. betfair is likely less efficient as a market in general than say CME, Eurex etc... you've probably got a better chance of finding an edge on betfair.

Hey thanks for the tip. Exchange trading markets ..I would love to get started with them instead of Betfair or Tradefair.

What about the sites, the only sites I could find so far are the ones listed here:
eToro Alternatives | Top-Alternatives.com

Can you recommend one of those? After browsing through the sites, I would go with Forex. I don't have a reason, it just looks as a good site to a beginner like me.

Again thanks for the great help, I'm coming closer to my start.

Stay away from forex aswell. Stick to the cme and learn to trade futures with a decent broker. Just make sure you're well capitalized.

In the beginning, focusing on which platform to use can be a distraction.

Focus on method first. Arrive at a theoretically sound method before doing anything else. Prove to yourself that it works in theory, that it sits on the profitable side of trading. Once you have this you can then sort through the platforms and test it in practice.

A sound method allows you to stand still while everything else revolves around you. It is then, and only then, that can you sort out the wheat from the chaff.