How Difficult is it to Trade?

This is a discussion on How Difficult is it to Trade? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Samsu_samsul Just make sure you dedicate yourself to learn more about this business. And one thing, don't ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:28pm   #76
Joined Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsu_samsul View Post
Just make sure you dedicate yourself to learn more about this business. And one thing, don't take paid courses because most of them are scams...
On the Net you can find almost anything today...
arigoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:50am   #77

2 Posts
Joined Dec 2015
To me trading may be difficult and easy at same time, it's difficult if the trader doesn't love what his doing and ease if the trader really loves what his doing. So trading is all about Mindset.
charlee is offline Broker   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:21pm   #78
Joined Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlee View Post
To me trading may be difficult and easy at same time, it's difficult if the trader doesn't love what his doing and ease if the trader really loves what his doing. So trading is all about Mindset.
It's not exactly true. You can't rely on mindset to trade good.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:30pm   #79
Joined Dec 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlee View Post
Ah, some people enjoy it exactly because it's not easy - they like a challenge.
dianajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:54pm   #80
Joined Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianajs View Post
Ah, some people enjoy it exactly because it's not easy - they like a challenge.
That's correct!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:47pm   #81

Joined Dec 2014
The thing with trading is...learning is easy -- but doing is another story
lawrence-lugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:59pm   #82

2 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
New traders opening an account won't have problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2W Bot View Post
SHORT ANSWER

First - the good news
This is that the mechanics of trading are as simple as can be. New traders opening an account with a spread betting firm won’t have any problems at all. Most trading platforms are very well designed, intuitive and simple to use.

Allied to the mechanics of trading are the methodologies that traders employ. These too can be very simple. The ‘KISS’ acronym (Keep It Simple, Stupid!) is one that crops up so often, that it’s a cliché on trading forums like T2W. So, simple to use trading platforms and simple trading methodologies are very much the order of the day.

Now the bad news
The headline question implies something beyond the mere mechanics of trading or developing a trading methodology. The sub-text is: how difficult is it to trade profitably and consistently over the long term? The bottom line is that it’s extremely difficult for most people. The reasons for this, along with how you can avoid being one of the many who struggle, are examined in the Long Answer.
I am trading options in the US with Fidelity; I did not find it easy to get permission to trade options, especially spreads. I now want my daughter, a UK resident, to open an account in the UK to trade option spreads in the US. '

Which brokerages does anyone suggest? I have found both Fidelity and TDAmeritrade to be good in the US. Thanks
geoglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:01pm   #83
Joined Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoglover View Post
I am trading options in the US with Fidelity; I did not find it easy to get permission to trade options, especially spreads. I now want my daughter, a UK resident, to open an account in the UK to trade option spreads in the US. '

Which brokerages does anyone suggest? I have found both Fidelity and TDAmeritrade to be good in the US. Thanks
I have never been their client but if they are regulated they should be ok. Marketmaker or not.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:14pm   #84

2 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
I need a UK brokerage for trading in US.

I am trying to interest my daughter in options trading. She is a US citizen, married to a French citizen and they are living in the UK at present. I am not having much luck in finding a brokerage that she can use to trade option spreads. I plan to help her learn the business, but really could use advice on getting started with a broker and permission to trade spreads. Thanks
geoglover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:45pm   #85

6 Posts
Joined Jan 2016
I'm trying to learn trading but there are so many problems TT^TT
annie_cavely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:47am   #86
Joined Oct 2014
Don't give up, itll make sense.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 2:32pm   #87
Joined Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_cavely View Post
I'm trying to learn trading but there are so many problems TT^TT
Yes agree, don't give up although faced many obstacle in business, i am also still learn and practice in forex because still also many trader they take part in this business and making more spirit to learn well like as them that already able trading for living
radex78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:30pm   #88
Joined Apr 2016
Just like every other business, you have to invest your time and efforts in order to make money.
idimitrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:58pm   #89

5 Posts
Joined Dec 2015
It is not easy, that is for sure.

I manage to keep trading successfully after a long and hard training with my broker. I think it is so important, especially if you not coming from the finance world.
I think the secret in education, learning methods and playing with "60 second" trades to keep it light.

Cheers!
NatalieBrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:59pm   #90
Joined Mar 2016
Very well said.
I want to add that forex trading has a long learning procedure,it can take a bit of time, but we need to be patient.You should take time to focus on learn and practice.The more you will be taught and practice the more you will be a skillful trader.
andrewML is offline   Reply With Quote