Is Trading the Same as Gambling?

This is a discussion on Is Trading the Same as Gambling? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by june_girl7 Successful traders and gamblers are typically highly skilled and spend years becoming proficient . All it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 1, 2016, 10:43am   #417
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by june_girl7 View Post
Successful traders and gamblers are typically highly skilled and spend years becoming proficient. All it depends on how you manage trading, if you take it as a gambling of money then you will going to loss so much over here.
10000% agree............the same as any activity that is seeking to generate more income than costs.........and like any business ......

so talking about trading vs gambling is like discussing whether to call a new restaurant a Bistro or a Café ........its semantics ..........if its run well then it makes money no matter what its called

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:17pm   #418
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaysev36 View Post
Okay, most traders say you shouldn't take trading as gambling, that's good and all. But how should you take it then? As a game? As a job? As a hobby?
If you have developed a well-defined trading strategy and you have verified that strategy with careful backtesting, then it isn't gambling. It is exploiting an edge.
IFeelFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2016, 9:50pm   #419
Joined Feb 2002
Nothing in life has a certain outcome. Some outcomes are more advantageous than others. Participation always involves risk of loss. Therefore everything in life is a gamble.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:35pm   #420

Joined Feb 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
how do you want to treat it ? .........
Me? Like a hobby that provides me with everything I need
zaysev36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2016, 6:31am   #421
Joined Apr 2016
I think as we put the money gambling and guessing without thinking clearly, but trade like we have to analyze it first and we need intelligence to be able to get money. So i think taking trading as a risk is good way to earn profit from it.
june_girl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2016, 6:35am   #422
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Me? Like a hobby that provides me with everything I need
Good for you.......but never confuse hobbies with business.....it will less to tears....
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:07pm   #423

Joined Feb 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
Good for you.......but never confuse hobbies with business.....it will less to tears....
What's the difference? If it brings profit, why would I care about the exact definition?
zaysev36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2016, 5:13pm   #424
NVP

Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
What's the difference? If it brings profit, why would I care about the exact definition?
don't worry about it .........