Is Trading the Same as Gambling?

This is a discussion on Is Trading the Same as Gambling? within the New to Trade2Win forums, part of the Reception category; Hi Community! Gambling is putting yourself or your money at risk. Risk is a situation with an insecure outcome. Life ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:41am   #401

1 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
Is trading the same as Gambling?

Hi Community! Gambling is putting yourself or your money at risk. Risk is a situation with an insecure outcome. Life is gambling. If you live carefully it is possible to force a good outcome. If you trade carefully it is possible to force a good outcome. I happen to be a careful trader who sticks to a "perfect plan". This Plan does not allow for losses in the longterm. In the shortterm it exposes you to risk (loss) but the loss is temporary. It is absolutely sure that the Plan will lead to aprox 10% return per year. Patience and discipline are required. Anyone can start to follow this Plan with as little as €5000 capital. My SMS-service gives you very clear instructions.
If you follow these instructions, you will be a happy trader!
fdaxie is offline Trading system vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:25am   #402
Joined Apr 2016
Trading and gambling are two different things. But you can be doing both things in the the financial markets. Gamblers can make a lot of money quickly but those trading properly probably won't. Good traders can make a living from it but generally their capital will grow slowly but surely. To make a lot of money very quickly you would need to 'gamble' and more often than not, these people tend to give back all or much of it if they haven't quit while they're ahead.
Reds28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2016, 10:05am   #403

Joined Feb 2016
I wonder what's the point of this thread initially It's like, many men, many minds.
zaysev36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:53am   #404
Joined Jun 2016
i dont class it anything like gambling apart from risking money. why it may seem so sometimes, its not a game of chance. Fact is the key to trading is risk management plus analysis of data, trends, history etc. You wont profit from every trade no matter how much data u process and analyze. You must have discipline to minimize your loses and maximize your profitable trades. I know its often tempting to move your stop-loss in the hope of it turning around and yes sometimes depending on upcoming data that might be okay but i see so many inexperienced traders open trades with no thought on placing a stop or take profit. If u properly analyse the data u must have some idea where the trade might end up, especially the point where u stop out.. A few grand in your account gets sucked up real fast when a couple of trades go pear shaped.

So my answer is it not gambling at all for me, but i do see how it really is gambling for many. Its a tough game to master and im no expert but i think the biggest hurdle u must overcome is natural mental process when u see your money disappearing before your eyes and act in desperation to stop it. take the time to analyse the data, set your stops taking your balance into account also. Trade what u can afford to lose or you will probably **** yourself.
Markemarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: jungerns
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:36am   #405

Joined Feb 2016
You know, since I've first posted in this thread, I've been thinking about the exact differences. And tbh I can't say I got anywhere with my thoughts. The main point against "trading is gambling" is that trading is more controlled and conscious. However, recent events of Brexit has shown us how "controlled" trading is. I guess it's the amount of unpredictable factors involved that make trading so similar to gambling.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:20pm   #406
Joined Jun 2016
I don't think it can actually be the same although you are going to invest money from both ends. Trading is an action of where you can you are conscious to your investment.Even if you may never predict much of the outcome. While in gambling, it is more on pleasure takers. In my own opinion, gambling is always losing. You may stop for a while but later on you may take bigger risks that involves money.
SweetAnalyst is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:05pm   #407
Joined Feb 2016
Trading is an art of buying and selling with proper calculations and analytic however it may be turned into gambling when any trader stop using his analysis and instead they start depending on their luck.
progix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2016, 1:50pm   #408

Joined Feb 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetAnalyst View Post
Trading is an action of where you can you are conscious to your investment.Even if you may never predict much of the outcome. While in gambling, it is more on pleasure takers.
I don't really get what you mean here. How is trading conscious, yet at the same time you can never predict the outcome? And isn't it pleasant when you win with trading just as much as with gambling?