West London Traders Meet Up

This is a discussion on West London Traders Meet Up within the Meetups forums, part of the Trading Career category; Hi I am a full time trader (amongst a few other things) and trade a series of different strategies. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:57am   #1
Joined Jul 2007
West London Traders Meet Up

Hi
I am a full time trader (amongst a few other things) and trade a series of different strategies.
I wanted to get together with a few traders with a few experienced traders. i have been trading myself for 20+ years across all instruments so I understand the market
I am not looking to give any of my strategies away (and i would not expect others to give theirs away). But i am open to exploring one or two strategies together. Ones that I have started testing but never got to concluding purely because of time
Also as of vital importance, to discuss trading psychology. This is the most important component and I always find it refreshing to speak to others about their psychological hurdles and/or daily rituals that they adopt in order to ensure that they stay mentally strong
Its just a few drinks to keep the social side ticking over!!
Regards
Vimal
vnathwani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:20pm   #2

8 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
hey vimal, what do you trade? I am based in west london as well trading eurex rates mostly. some stirs some UST
mikeohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:58am   #3

5 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
Hi Mike. I trade Indices, FX & Commodities. Sometimes Individual stocks but I try and shy away from them too much. More than happy to get together in a few weeks for a catch up and to discuss a few things.
I have some things I have wanted to work through and test that i started a long time ago but I have just been head down on other work so its been difficult.
At the very least, its always good to have other traders to be in touch with
I will ping you a few possible dates in the coming weeks when I get a moment to check the diary
Thanks again for contacting me
Regards
Vimal
vimal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:01pm   #4

8 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
ok cool sounds like a plan. will be here
mikeohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:02pm   #5
The Staff are paid members employed by T2W to perform some specific role such as editorial, advertising or technical work.

Joined Nov 2000
I'm also in West London (well, South-West London) so count me in for a beer too!
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:45pm   #6
Joined Jul 2010
In London you have monthly meetings at the www.sta-uk.org www.signet.org.uk/ www.mta.com and on www.meetup.com there is show me the value and london traders network.
Trading Spaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:54pm   #7
The Staff are paid members employed by T2W to perform some specific role such as editorial, advertising or technical work.

Joined Nov 2000
Thanks for the tip @Trading Spaces; do you go to any of them?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:05am   #8
Joined Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Thanks for the tip @Trading Spaces; do you go to any of them?
I used to go to the STA. MTA is on hiatus in London at the moment but worth signing up to the email list. I go to the signet options meeting and show me the value/london value investing club. Signet have many stock investing meetings all over the country and three groups meeting In leicester square. Two in the day and one in the evening.

Are you back from Brazil permanently?

Last edited by Trading Spaces; Sep 28, 2018 at 9:34am.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:42pm   #9
Joined Jul 2010
Make it central and I will come. How about the Clachlan, Kingly Street behind Liberty. 6pm Thursday 4th October?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:59pm   #10

Joined Nov 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trading Spaces View Post
Are you back from Brazil permanently?
I am indeed, for about 3 years now! Just there on holidays now to see the in-laws.

So that pub's actually closed for a couple of weeks see: https://www.nicholsonspubs.co.uk/res...lystreetlondon

But I'd be up for organising something central, it's been too long since we last had a T2W meet-up in London. Also interested in a separate South-West/West London meet-up for a catch-up drink
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:32pm   #11
Joined Jul 2010
I will find another pub that serves doombar nearby.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:52pm   #12
Joined Jul 2010
The pub at the Langham, where Langham place meets upper Regents street. THursday good for everyone?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:20pm   #13

8 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
lol it is cringe worthy when people say they will not give strategies away. Like it would hurt or effect your trading in any way shape or form.
mjh2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2018, 12:51pm   #14
Joined Jul 2010
So is any one actually coming for a drink on Thursday?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:15pm   #15

Joined Nov 2000
I can't make it this week, but maybe later in October. If nobody organises it, then I'll try and set something up in the next few weeks.