Spread betting FRAUD

This is a discussion on Spread betting FRAUD within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; As you know, when you enter a gambling den, the moment you make entry the den already had you in ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 16, 2008, 11:03am   #25
Joined Aug 2008
Hi to All and Sundry!

As you know, when you enter a gambling den, the moment you make entry the den already had you in its 'mouth' - unless of course, you don't place a bet at all!

The longer you stay, the worse it gets for the pocket 'cos the den has the house edge.
In regards to the rules and regulations, for online trading brokers, they also reserve the right to refuse a bet or a contract. So, this also implies an addition to the House Edge as the gambling dens Will Not Refuse a Bet or any Bet ( unless it like for roulette - the ball has already started rolling - which will not happen for online trading as it has to be near real time ).

So, technology is in the way as some Internet connections are slow and sometimes the phone can get busy or cross lined as well! Therefore, it is best to use a broker that provide good clean signals/ data w/o the usual repudiations of bets and the tightest spread possible for clients as these conditions lets a trade be carried out smoothly ( not gambling any more as it brings out the FA, TA and the usual RA ......... etc into the Trading activity ) and wisely!

But, do catch out the recession bug, cos the last recession, many dodgy ones are coming out, the FSA and the consumer protection agency will not cover any losses, even though should there be any offset against tax, there is no point as it leaves the clients cheated ( none the wiser ) ......................

A few pence to this topic!

S K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there

Be the One for GOD, so that I may appoint a deliverer for thy SOUL!

HariHaraBramKalki(S K)

360.yahoo.com/cu20052003

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom View Post
By now you all know my thoughts on spread betting companies.
If your going to trade use DA through a good broker.
1 pont on the dow and 0.10 S&P or 0.25 mini
Spread betting companies stink, some more than others, but still stinks the same.
cu20052003 is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2008, 5:08pm   #26
Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
I am a former IT security/ technical consult.

S K

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi there

Be one with GOD, so that HE may appoint a deliver for your Soul! -HariHaraBramKalki ( S K )[/QUOTE]

Yes for which Donar Kebab shop were you a IT security/ technical consult for.
gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2008, 3:16pm   #27
Joined Jan 2006
You may see it as unfair that IG stopped you out at 6151, but if you had the position on with DMA and the market kept on dumping in the states you could have found you stop being filled where the FTSE opened. I.e. way below 6151.
riogordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Joey25
Old Sep 19, 2008, 9:19am   #28
Joined Oct 2007
gamma like your style Donar Kebab shop LOL
TomTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 10:30am   #29
Joined Feb 2002
Fib - sorry you took a loss. Whether 'fair' or 'unfair' I wouldn't like to say.

Best advice I can offer is ignore almost everything cu20052003 says. His comments are mostly uninformed, always arrogant, his submitted profile reveals no trading experience. He's probably right about long-term-buy-and-hold, but confining your horizons to 1 hour is ludicrous.

He clearly does not understand what gambling is and what it is not. Anyone who doesn't understand what gambling is doesn't know when he's doing it and when he is not. Aversion to gambling in any case probably reveals psychological susceptibility to guilt and other negative emotional associations when trading - a successful trader cannot feel guilty if they acquire money without 'working' for it, or at some other trader's expense, that's the point, its capitalism. Good luck.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2008, 10:45am   #30

Joined Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cu20052003 View Post
For spread betters/ traders, it is the best policy to apply a quick and get it entry/ exit.
No rollover or going in for prolong ( more than 1 hour ) kind of thing.
This is the worst piece of advice I have ever read on this forum.

The last thing a new trader should try and do is get in and out quick.

Heavens above. People are going to read this cr*p and think yeah, that could work...

Increasing trader performance: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/firs...rformance.html

Advice for getting a job in trading: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...b-trading.html
trader_dante is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Hoggums , Bladerunner
Old Sep 19, 2008, 12:11pm   #31
Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_dante View Post
This is the worst piece of advice I have ever read on this forum.

The last thing a new trader should try and do is get in and out quick.

Heavens above. People are going to read this cr*p and think yeah, that could work...
Well! considering it is coming from the mad monk I don't think we need worry too much,
Even someone with half a brain cell knows to ignore him.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 12:57pm   #32
Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
For spread betters/ traders, it is the best policy to apply a quick and get it entry/ exit.No rollover or going in for prolong ( more than 1 hour ) kind of thing. (
Tell me
cu20052003491292,

Is that how your security consult business works?