Office Chair

This is a discussion on Office Chair within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; I don't know if this is the right area for this post, but my office chair is ridiculously uncomfortable. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:51pm   #1
Joined Jan 2009
Office Chair

I don't know if this is the right area for this post, but my office chair is ridiculously uncomfortable. I just bought it about 6 months ago, it was about $130 USD, so not a really cheap one. But sitting in it for 8 hours a day with small breaks here and there my butt gets sore... haha. Anyways, does anybody have any recommendations? I'm willing to spend whatever, as long as the thing is comfortable.
wh92stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 9:17pm   #2

Joined Jan 2007
Re: Office Chair

I have http://www.plan-itinteriors.com/chai...000001720.html - or something rather like it anyway - c'est magnifique!
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:28pm   #3
Joined Nov 2007

leather chairs will give you a sweaty ar$e - go for mesh / mesh-like material.
MrGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:21am   #4

Joined Jul 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh92stang View Post
. . . it was about $130 USD, so not a really cheap one.
Er, for summat you're gonna be parking your **** on 6+hours a day, that is stupid cheap, iirc mine were in the region of £450
A Dashing Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:30am   #5

Joined Feb 2009

Hah, I was just thinking about getting a new chair.

I like the looks of the one Arabianights posted, but the one I have looked like that when I bought it! I paid around £200-£300 but I'm a fairly tall person so my back is resting on the area designed for the neck, and my actual neck just hangs there...

Any other ideas, prefferably a chair withouth arm rests?
HawkTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:35am   #6
Joined Apr 2004

Hi,
Imho $130 will not buy a decent chair,i have a KAB controller executive chair which i am happy sitting in 247 and find it very comfortable.I think i paid approx $750 for it though but money well spent.

Regards
Graham
Tileman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 6:11pm   #7

Joined Sep 2001

I've tried all sorts of chairs over the years and none suited me until I took one of our high backed dining chairs and used that with a cushion on it.

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 8:08pm   #8
Joined Jan 2009

wh92stang started this thread I just ordered a Herman Miller Mirra from Amazon. Expensive, but hopefully worth it. Good reviews and I can return it if I don't like it (but I've got to pay for shipping if I send it back). I'll report back once I've sat in it for a little while.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I thought $130 was a lot considering the range was like $50-$150 at Office Depot, but I guess the best of junk is still junk.
wh92stang is offline   Reply With Quote