Office Chair

This is a discussion on Office Chair within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; Working in an office typically involves spending a great deal of time sitting in an office chair —a position that ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 27, 2010, 2:30am   #17
Joined Oct 2010
Re: Office Chair

Working in an office typically involves spending a great deal of time sitting in an office chair —a position that adds stress to the structures in the spine. Therefore, to avoid developing or compounding back problems, it's important to have an office chair that's ergonomic and that supports the lower back and promotes good posture.
dccruibay is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 1:28pm   #18

Joined Mar 2010

I just bought a new chair, supposed to be "Ergonomic".

My old chair was rickety and falling to bits, wheels were all offline and the chair hung over to the one side (depending on where the revolving base was). It was however mostly comfortable, although I did think this could be improved upon, considering how many hours per day I use it.

Anyway, thought it was time for a change, so got a similar one albeit a much more expensive one, last one was about 60€ (lol) this new one was just over 200€.

Point is, it hurts..just seems to make me feel more hunched over. Maybe my last un-ergonomic cheapie had just moulded to me over the years or something, but its much more comfortable than this new one.

Last edited by LoveToTrade; Dec 27, 2010 at 1:29pm. Reason: text addition
LoveToTrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2010, 9:48am   #19

2 Posts
Joined Dec 2010

If you think about it, it's specifically designed to minimize fatigue and allow people to sit comfortably for hours The main reason it's so comfortable is that it's powered which allows me to change my chairs then I have used reproduction of CHARLES EAMES so i think we should not worry about quality and reliable AMALFI, QUINTO, RIALTO chairs the design also steals the classic lawn-chair look, with its slatted construction.
sjilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:37am   #20

3 Posts
Joined Dec 2010

For a UK based chair, I can seriously recommend the higher end products at Staples. I bought their brown leather executive chair for just over £200, it is remarkable.

Well worth the money, and I could happily sleep in it. The arm-rests are an absolute must in my opinion also, they just help me put my arms or elbows somewhere when I'm reading.
Dominic945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 6:28am   #21

2 Posts
Joined Dec 2010

Hey! I’m looking for a very designer like office chair. Can you guys help me?

I heard that CHARLES EAMES chair is the best option to go for and is available at STAPLES CORNER Stores. What do you say guys?
jamesparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:27pm   #22

Joined Mar 2007

i dont use a chair. i always kneel in a praying position when i trade
GN
Emini-mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Ambrose Ackroyd
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:08am   #23
Joined Jan 2009

I sit on a cloud when I'm trading. You've heard of cloud computing? This is cloud trading.

Unfortunately I sometimes fall through the cloud, and it occasionally makes my trousers damp around the seat area. But it looks pretty cool.
meanreversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:46am   #24
Joined Dec 2010

Every office chair needs the ability to adjust not only the seat and the back, but also the armrests. This is important so that your chair will fit under your desk (obviously you don't want to sit far from your computer), and so that you can adjust the armrests to a comfortable position for you (again, based on your height.)
Office chairs that have little mobility will quickly leave you with a sore back and take your focus away from your work. It pays to invest a bit more in a chair that has the ability to tilt forward and backward so that you are able to adjust your body position throughout the day. This will help you to relieve stress on your back and your spine, which is important to overall back health. If your office chair can tilt, raise and lower, and has the ability to adjust just about every part of it, then it's a good office chair for you.
5hownewsday is offline Broker   Reply With Quote