Prop firm for remote day traders

This is a discussion on Prop firm for remote day traders within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; hi alex can u provide the name of the prop shop? thanks...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 12, 2017, 1:55pm   #9

1 Posts
Joined May 2017
hi alex can u provide the name of the prop shop?
thanks
Sk1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2017, 4:03pm   #10

9 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
AlexDax started this thread Hi, I sent you pm with details and conditions.

Last edited by AlexDax; Jun 5, 2017 at 1:01am.
AlexDax is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:22pm   #11

Joined Jul 2017
Do you have an API for the trading platform, I always wonder if there are prop shops providing API to their trading platforms...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2017, 1:18pm   #12

9 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
AlexDax started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Do you have an API for the trading platform, I always wonder if there are prop shops providing API to their trading platforms...
Hello,
Prop firms have limitations and are not suitable for HFT, algorithmic trading. So any APIs you might find would not help you any better than regular simple scripting on the platform. Many traders tend to believe that they can do hft or anvanced algo trading through prop trading firms; with serious brokers that is just not possible. You would have to build your own system, and perhaps include a server on the NYSE.
AlexDax is offline Trading arcade or proprietary trading company   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2017, 2:07pm   #13

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDax View Post
Hello,
Prop firms have limitations and are not suitable for HFT, algorithmic trading. So any APIs you might find would not help you any better than regular simple scripting on the platform. Many traders tend to believe that they can do hft or anvanced algo trading through prop trading firms; with serious brokers that is just not possible. You would have to build your own system, and perhaps include a server on the NYSE.
I agree with you on the HFT, but not on the algorithmic trading, because I have been doing it personally for years hosting on VPS servers far away from my actual discount broker and using his API... I just can't imagine staring into stock charts all day long...

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:05pm   #14

9 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
Quote:
I agree...
Hello, you are right about algo trading, it can be done with no problem as long as there is no manipulation. We have some algo traders, who don't use the API but Visual Basic. However, API is available for Sterling Trader Pro which is the platform used. If you are intrested in testing the API let me know by pm.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:07pm   #15

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDax View Post
Hello, you are right about algo trading, it can be done with no problem as long as there is no manipulation. We have some algo traders, who don't use the API but Visual Basic. However, API is available for Sterling Trader Pro which is the platform used. If you are intrested in testing the API let me know by pm.
Hi Alex, great idea! I have heard and looked into the Starling platform years ago, but didn't realized they have an API available, I'll check the documentation to see what is possible... Unfortunately I don't have time right now, but in a few months I'll have more spare a time and would love to test and will reach out... Cheers!

Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:01pm   #16

9 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
Quote:
Cheers!
No problem, sure. You won't have problems in finding the Sterling Trader PRO user manual online. It is a golden standard in trading, many platforms are based on it. Cheers.