Aussie working for a Prop firm in the US

thetrendfollower

Hi everyone,

I've been wanting to travel to the US for a while now. I'm thinking to trade with a Prop firm there, that would give me leverage on my funds.

Probably remote but I would still like to live and travel around the US. Probably start in NYC (the city that never sleeps :cool:) and then maybe see Florida, and the West Coast as well. Maybe stay there around 1-3 years, depending on how much I like it.

And then would I be able continue to trade with that firm as remote trader when I'm back in Melbourne, or in Europe, or wherever?

Is this even possible lol? Or just a dream?

What sort of Visa would be required for me to work in the States? Would it be too much hassle in terms of paperwork for the firm to organise?

I'm an Australian citizen (born here).

Would the prop firm be okay with me globetrotting?

Would I be able to just go there for 3 months (visitor's visa) and then get a job on that. Is it even a proper "job" that required a visa if I am just trading my own account using a firm's leverage? Am I actually even an "employee" in this instance?

Any comments, or pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

I have never worked for a prop before, have always traded privately, so forgive me if some of the above is a little naive.

Thanks.

Nizar.

how good you are in trading? i can help you set it up.. of course. i will need to get some cut from your profit as well

Which firm are you from?

And how much leverage can you give me?
I'm looking for 20:1.

I've been trading for 4 years now, now I mostly focus on intraday strategies, no overnight holds. I trade only big cap stocks on the nasdaq and NYSE. I can offer a 1 year track record/documentation from my broker as evidence of profitability.

The only reason I'm going prop is for the leverage.

I'm certainly not after any "training" or any firm that will force me to trade "their way".

I'm happy to put up a deposit, however much is required, upto $50k, depending on how reputable the firm is. What is the name of your firm and where are you guys based?

I will give you 5-10% which is what most firms have offered me upto this stage, of course that depends on your commission.

(Note that this post was about visa requirements, as for firms I have already been in contact with a few)

Cheers,
Nizar.

but err... you were trading stocks, nasdaq, nyse,.. i have to ask them first. i'll get back to you soon

Don't listen to everyonerich, this bloke is a joke. I honestly think he lives in a fantasy land.