Anybody trading from Marbella, Spain ?

This is a discussion on Anybody trading from Marbella, Spain ? within the Home Trader forums, part of the Trading Career category; Originally Posted by oco Jong52..i think as zeppo pointed out, if as I am you are British you could stay ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 9, 2007, 10:44pm   #8

7 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
novakpete2 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by oco
Jong52..i think as zeppo pointed out, if as I am you are British you could stay there indefinately, arriving from outside the EU i expect you would need a visa but would then be able to travel and live throughout EU as very little border controls. I believe there are some restrictions on travel from the latest east eurpean countries to join also.

novakpete2...how much if you don't mind me asking was the rented apartment per month ? have they indicated how much it would go upto in the tourist season?
was the internet connection upto scratch?
Internet - there is not common to have Internet in apartments (no landline at all). So if you are for short term (only a few months) the best is probably use UMTS HSPDA wireless Internet from Vodafone here.
If you find apartment with landline you can ask for installation of ADSL , but they have only 12 month contracts. See example on www.telefonicainenglish.com

Apartment - based on type and location, but 2 bed 2 bath apt. for longer term rent can be 1000-1500 Eur per month including utilities. For longer term rent (3 month and more) it does not depend on season too much. But you will find huge offer as there is a lot of apartments for rent offered - see example www.panorama.es .
novakpete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 12:56pm   #9

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Just started with FCT in Gib, internet connections perfectly good at home but if your a serious commodities trader you want to trade from offices unless you have serious cash to spend on technology.
I live in La linea which is just on the border with Gibraltar and you can get a rather decent 3 bed flat for a 1000 euros a month but you can also live in Gib if you want but you get less for your money. You can get a standard flat for about 6-700 euros a month. summer will not see the rent rise in this part of Spain either.
If your living alone or as a couple then get a studio as these are very spaciuos and very well priced.

Hope that answers some quierys, stay well clear of Marbella, any questions i am happy to answer,

peace,
Charles
charlie123492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2007, 10:36pm   #10
klw
Joined Sep 2005
Hi Charlie -- I know that area fairly well as my brother in law lives in La Linea ( you may have seen his van bombing about everywhere ( A&E Satellites ) for his satellite installation business.

What sort of experience do you have to have to get a job with FCT and have you found terms and conditions ok with them ? I am thinking of moving out there for a while , maybe permenantly.

Thanks ...........
klw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:51am   #11

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Re: Anybody trading from Marbella, Spain ?

Hi i am doing trading in marbella and i would like to meet more traders... to take a coffe.. this is my email
noisetrader@hotmail.com
noise is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:21pm   #12

7 Posts
Joined Jul 2008

hi anyone trading in spain or gibraltar at the moment/
orange58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:38pm   #13

4 Posts
Joined Feb 2008

Are there any traders / trading rooms in Marbella/Banus ?
I would prefer that to Gib/Sotogrande, SO long as lines are stable and fast and I have people to share office with
Thanks
Andy
spainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:19pm   #14
Joined Jan 2004

Spainguy - Tom Hougaard is based in Benalmadena I understand
http://www.tradertom.com/index.htm

I know the marbella well but not been there for a while, hoping to get back there sometime.

Please post here if you find or set up a trading room down there
copper is offline   Reply With Quote