traders in central london - favour

This is a discussion on traders in central london - favour within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hi I have been working in financial services in central london for 10 years managing client money. I want to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 21, 2009, 3:10pm   #1
Joined Aug 2008
traders in central london - favour

Hi

I have been working in financial services in central london for 10 years managing client money. I want to learn how to trade, short term trades, arbitraging and scalping.

Are their any experienced traders out there who are trading every day in central london that I can shadow for one afternoon. I would just sit quietly and watch the screen and the trades, I will even supply coffee and donuts.

Cheeky I know but if you dont ask you dont get!
MajorDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 4:49pm   #2

Joined Jan 2004
You never know you might get lucky..

But beware of the charlatans on this site that might PM you and want ££££ for showing you how they claim to do it.

There is a large traders meetup in canary warf this thursday, see the meetups section of this site, you could come along and if you make friends with the right people...

Personally i trade automated systems so my methods must be kept secret.
donaldduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 4:52pm   #3

Joined Feb 2005
try asking Arabianights. He may require you to wear a pig costume, and cartwheel round the trading floor however...

Interesting articles about proprietary trading, including whether you should pay a prop firm for training (don't).
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 6:07pm   #4
Joined Aug 2008
MajorDutch started this thread any more generous traders out there.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 6:35pm   #5

Joined Jan 2007
do you have a pig costume?
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 6:58pm   #6

Joined Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh5467 View Post
Hi

I have been working in financial services in central london for 10 years managing client money. I want to learn how to trade, short term trades, arbitraging and scalping.

Are their any experienced traders out there who are trading every day in central london that I can shadow for one afternoon. I would just sit quietly and watch the screen and the trades, I will even supply coffee and donuts.

Watching someone trade for a day, or even going to a day event won't allow you to grasp how to trade like a pro, you see there reactions to trading good or bad, you could be be waiting all day bored' waiting for them to trade, if your lucky.
It won't take a day nor weeks months, you have to put years in to it.. Theres no genie in the bottle in trading..
What sort of trading have you done?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 7:13pm   #7

Joined Dec 2008
Ask Aron.. or Halo...

The key to sniping is accuracy. The sniper must utilize the weapon to accurately place shots under varying conditions. A sniper must have the ability to accurately estimate the various factors that influence a bullet's trajectory and point of impact. Mistakes in estimation compound over distance and can decrease lethality or cause a shot to miss completely.

Just the way I like it!
KEEP WALKING!
vinicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: arabianights
Old Sep 21, 2009, 7:47pm   #8
Joined Aug 2008
Lightbulb Re: traders in central london - favour

MajorDutch started this thread Hi Lost Pidgeon

Don't worry I am not looking for quick answers I just want to take a look at different traders setups and ideas. I manage clients money for a living mutual funds and pension funds mainly, but no trading in FX, Shares, commodities also have a masters degree in theoretical physics so have no problem getting stuck in with technical analysis.

I recently opened an demo account with Alpari UK and have been trading the USD EUR with basic indicators.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:16pm   #9

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Hi

Trader Tom : Market Analysis FTSE 100, SP500, Currencies - Anything that moves

I know I'm going to get lots of abuse perhaps but I like Tom Hougaard's perspective on trading and his technical analysis...

He has a live trading room which he sometimes offers for free as a trial placing live trades...

You may get more productive milage and the doughnts likely to be on the house.

Otherwise I would endorse getting a pig costume as it is likely to be of equal value...

Good luck.

Learn to deal with it and remember what goes around comes around...
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:20pm   #10

Joined Sep 2009
Quote:
Hi Lost Pidgeon

I recently opened an demo account with Alpari UK and have been trading the USD EUR with basic indicators.
Spend a long time paper trading, untill your confident to trade with real money, You can trade with pennys with fin spreads, Have you thought of using them?