University

This is a discussion on University within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; I am intrested in going to study economics somewhere at a high level..how ever i dont have the grades to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:46pm   #1

Joined Oct 2008
University

I am intrested in going to study economics somewhere at a high level..how ever i dont have the grades to get into a top school..and i dropped out of uni a few years ago.. (nothing to do with my intelligence, i was personal choices)

are there any alternative avenues to pursue this? i.e forking up alot of money lol

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:52pm   #2

Joined Nov 2007
Open university? Not sure how much that costs. I guess you could do a full-time undergrad course if you wanted but maybe it's not an option to you?

You can of course get a few macro/micro economic books and do some personal reading to learn a bit.
Masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:59pm   #3

Joined Oct 2008
N Rothschild started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
Open university? Not sure how much that costs. I guess you could do a full-time undergrad course if you wanted but maybe it's not an option to you?

You can of course get a few macro/micro economic books and do some personal reading to learn a bit.
i do alot of self learning in economics but i want to step it up a gear. open uni is not really what im looking for..

problem with doing a full time undergrad course is i dont have the grades to get in due to not giving a flying **** and mucking about in school...was like 10years ago!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:02pm   #4

Joined Nov 2007
I guess you're past studying A levels?
Masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:05pm   #5
Joined Jun 2008
call up unis and ask...i believe the admission process is different for mature students.

Last edited by cr6196; Jul 21, 2009 at 7:12pm.
cr6196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:19pm   #6
Joined Dec 2002
I know you said Open Uni type stuff wasn't what you were looking for but thought i'd post it any way:

Distance learning with the University of London: flexible study options
PualoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 7:26pm   #7

Joined Oct 2008
N Rothschild started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by PualoP View Post
I know you said Open Uni type stuff wasn't what you were looking for but thought i'd post it any way:

Distance learning with the University of London: flexible study options
thanks