Successful full-time traders - anonymous interviews for a serious book

This is a discussion on Successful full-time traders - anonymous interviews for a serious book within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by drvodkaquickstep Guy Any thoughts on QE2 coming to an end in June and impact on small caps? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 18, 2011, 10:06pm   #43
Joined May 2004
Re: Successful full-time traders - anonymous interviews for a serious book

rgthomas started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvodkaquickstep View Post
Guy

Any thoughts on QE2 coming to an end in June and impact on small caps?

Doc
I actually try not to have thoughts about things like that. I agree with what one of the people in the book said:

"Focus on things which are knowable - that is, things where research can plausibly give you superior insight - for example, the microeconomic advantages of a particular company. Ignore things which are not knowable, for example, general macroeconomic predictions." (page 95)
rgthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2011, 6:27pm   #44

2 Posts
Joined May 2011

Guy

Any idea on when Cellcast are releasing their full year numbers? I have emailed Andrew Wilson but no response yet. Also any ideas on how Cellcast Asia are trading? I keep picking up a few shares here and there at around 3.8p. Hoping for some good results. Best wishes. Doc
drvodkaquickstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2011, 1:57am   #45

4 Posts
Joined May 2011

There are so many so called full-time traders. But those who are really good at (mostly luck) would just hire a writer and make loads of money off of it.
mckite123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2011, 11:05pm   #46
Joined May 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckite123 View Post
those who are really good at (mostly luck) would just hire a writer and make loads of money off of it.

All author royalties from sales of this book are being donated to charity

Details here: http://guythomas.org.uk/blog/
Old May 26, 2011, 4:29pm   #47
Joined Jan 2003

Hi Guy,

Enjoyed the book. Did you deliberately concentrate on equity traders/investors? And do you thing this reflects the majority of professional private traders out there? I ask because I've compounded my capital at over 20% pa over the last 12 years, on a very amateur basis, betting on trends in commodities, fx, bonds, stock indexes etc. It would be surprising if there weren't more doing the same.

Tom.
Plaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2011, 8:28pm   #48
Joined May 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaste View Post
Hi Guy,

Enjoyed the book. Did you deliberately concentrate on equity traders/investors? And do you thing this reflects the majority of professional private traders out there?

Tom.
I didn't deliberately concentrate on equity traders, but it's true there was an availability heuristic: I know lots of equity traders, and no commodity traders. I don't know how representative this is of the global population of UK private traders.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 3:16pm   #49
Joined May 2004

rgthomas started this thread Audio interview about "Free Capital":

http://commoditywatch.podbean.com/20...made-millions/