Bloomberg Terminal

This is a discussion on Bloomberg Terminal within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by GammaJammer 200 sterling? Much more realistic then. Not institutional quality necessarily, but not institutionally priced either. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 21, 2009, 5:18pm   #50
Joined Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaJammer View Post
200 sterling? Much more realistic then. Not institutional quality necessarily, but not institutionally priced either. I reckon it could be a good middle ground.
Basically the 200 GBP is to save you doing some donkey work and getting the information that is aleady in the public domain, and to put it all in a nice wrapper.
Few bells and Whitles like alerts, RNS and there you go.
MrGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 5:24pm   #51

Joined Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseman View Post
philly Fed number-that's the service you pay for on bloomberg. -22, no +49, oh no its 22. oops -22. i think it's ok now lads.
On Reuters we got +30 initially
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 5:30pm   #52
Joined Nov 2007
Apologies folks, I think I have got my wires crossed.

The system I looked at was similar (looked at Alpha too but unsure about the trial... maybe I didn't bother because they were same UK equities focused, can't remember tbh).

I looked at something called KTS market terminal, and they don;t seem to exist anymore.

Sorry for any confusion.
MrGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 5:43pm   #53

Joined Nov 2008
UK's been downgraded lads, everyone cr@p out... oh wait no, sorry there's a 1 in 3 chance they'll get downgraded, which is actually quite positive... cheers RAN et al.
Skill Leverage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 6:10pm   #54
Joined Feb 2008
not quite correct. bloomberg said S&P had downgraded the OUTLOOK from stbale to negative. Key is the wording.
gooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 6:12pm   #55

Joined Jan 2007
don't forget to sell the gilt on the opening tomorrow though...
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 6:16pm   #56

Joined Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseman View Post
not quite correct. bloomberg said S&P had downgraded the OUTLOOK from stbale to negative. Key is the wording.
True, but the way it was said on the squawk it sounded far worse. Either that or I wasn't listening properly. Either way I wasn't in a position so I don't know why I'm moaning.
Skill Leverage is offline   Reply With Quote