Bloomberg Terminal

This is a discussion on Bloomberg Terminal within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by ukdaytrader A more detailed look - this is really excellent , exactly what I was looking for, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 21, 2009, 7:49am   #43
Joined Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdaytrader View Post
A more detailed look - this is really excellent , exactly what I was looking for, I think - Id like to see what the disclaimers are on the data that is provided particularly the financial reporting stuff. I've enquired about the pricing.
Textbook definition of serendipity methinks (or maybe I'm just fantastic at Google searches).

It was pretty much there straight away when I searched. Glad it seems helpful. No idea on costings but I'd be really surprised if it isn't pitched very very competitively compared to Reuters / Bloomberg. And seems far more focused on your own specific needs.
Old May 21, 2009, 8:08am   #44

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdaytrader View Post
I need mainly economic news + company results data.

I dont agree with your point on the tip of the day at all. It was bloomberg that caused the share drop in the FTSE and S&P index to fall last week . It collapses and then its back to normal.

I think even if you dont trade using Bloomberg, what they say on there has a huge impact on the markets.

I've made huge amounts using the news on there. You only need to hear about the stress tests earlier. Check the Citibank trade. This was put on after they announced that the max capital injection was for Bank of America therefore Citi was less impacted.

I've also made a bit on FX which I dont normally trade using tips from Bloomberg.

Obviously this is not my entire strategy but it enhances my returns.
I initially gave you the benefit of the doubt, but now I am convinced that you are full of crap and you ought to keep your mouth shut. You will just confuse and misdirect newbies who are serious about trading

You do not understand what you are talking about, at all. But what is worse is that you do not understand that you do not understand!

CLICK - My Trading Journal | SEARCH: soundmoneyproject.org |
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: trader_dante
Old May 21, 2009, 8:09am   #45
Joined Sep 2004
Think the discussion's moved on dude - let it go.
Old May 21, 2009, 3:05pm   #46
Joined Feb 2008
philly Fed number-that's the service you pay for on bloomberg. -22, no +49, oh no its 22. oops -22. i think it's ok now lads.
gooseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: trader_dante
Old May 21, 2009, 3:35pm   #47
Joined Sep 2004
Yeah - shocking, but also quite funny. Wouldn't be as funny if I paid the bill for mine directly though that's for sure. Is it me, or is this kinda thing getting more common right now as well?
Old May 21, 2009, 4:11pm   #48
Joined Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaJammer View Post
You are paying for an awful lot of functionality you'll never use if you get Bloomberg. Honestly. Even leaving aside the fact that it's betetr for bond analysis then equities, it's still above your level. And I genuinely don't mean that in a condescending way.

Btw - I just did a quick google search and found this....

Had never heard of it before. Any use?

Alpha | alpha
I took a look at this 2/3 years ago.

Tailored towards the Equity markets and no US data was a showstopper for me. And it was all Java based which just pissed me off at the time.

OTOH, it was about 200 notes a month.
MrGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 4:15pm   #49
Joined Sep 2004
200 sterling? Much more realistic then. Not institutional quality necessarily, but not institutionally priced either. I reckon it could be a good middle ground.

btw, before the inevitable question gets asked, let me just say - I don't work for on behalf of these guys - never even met them, just googled across it.