Bloomberg Terminal

This is a discussion on Bloomberg Terminal within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; True, but there also seems to be a few people who are more interested in talking about what everyone else ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 21, 2009, 7:33pm   #61

Joined Nov 2008
True, but there also seems to be a few people who are more interested in talking about what everyone else makes, what news feed/IIRC channels/monitor setup they should get, and where their wife and kids go shopping rather than talking about trading techniques. Two sides to every coin really.
Skill Leverage is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: trader_dante , littlemog , Dominic945
Old May 21, 2009, 7:39pm   #62

Joined Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdaytrader View Post
There seems to be quite a lot of people on this board who ;

a) Have big attitudes but can't add up or compute a basic bond duration
b) Think they know everything about trading and can give better advice than everyone else........if anyone was that good they would be probably on a boat or their own island, certainly not posting on this board
c) Trade beer money
d) Think they everyone else trades beer money
e) Think that they trade more beer money than everyone else
you forgot f) people who analyze the members and think their always right

Bullsh!t, Bearsh!t all smells the same to me!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
N Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 7:42pm   #63

Joined Oct 2008
i saw that skill leverage!!

"It is not cheap to develop automated systems , mine already cost over $1m. " oildaytrader
Old May 21, 2009, 7:44pm   #64

Joined Nov 2008
lol spelling jokes are lame
Old May 21, 2009, 8:47pm   #65
Joined Apr 2009
ukdaytrader started this thread Surely the news feeds and IRC channels count as relevant posts, the wife and kids, I was merely trying to give an insight into my background, and knowing how much everyone makes.........that's got to have some relevance to trading ?
ukdaytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2009, 8:50pm   #66

Joined Nov 2008
I don't want to get sucked into another internet dispute; new_trader was being his usual abrasive self in all fairness, but I do agree with the general principle that people who spend more time worrying about how many millions they could make, how many bloomberg screens they could have etc., are setting themselves up to fail.
Old May 22, 2009, 1:31am   #67

Joined Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by foredog View Post
See if proquote can help you, it'sthe LSE own data system and only!!! £1200 ish a year may be good enough for your TA
proquote is 16 quid a month for L1 or am I missing something?
maxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 1:34am   #68

Joined Oct 2008
just get tradethenews.com

Old May 22, 2009, 2:08am   #69

Joined Dec 2008
I dont understand what is the problem.. Everyone seems to blame the guy, just because he wants a bloomberg terminal.. WTF!

Is not yours either mine if he can or cannot pay the 1.200 quid a month.. If it is good for him, so go for it..

If i give my opinion about something for someone and the person takes it and do just the opposite i just dont say anything else.. "Wash my hands" as we say back home..

Some people here are funny, seem to be praying to someone fail just to say.. "i told you"..

C`mon kids..

By the way.. I need some good study stuff about trend... besides HH and HL, someone else could show me the way where can I get something interesting about it? I need to learn how to read the behavior of a trend.. And maybe create an "trend detector" to finalize my idea..

The key to sniping is accuracy. The sniper must utilize the weapon to accurately place shots under varying conditions. A sniper must have the ability to accurately estimate the various factors that influence a bullet's trajectory and point of impact. Mistakes in estimation compound over distance and can decrease lethality or cause a shot to miss completely.

Just the way I like it!
KEEP WALKING!

Last edited by vinicius; May 22, 2009 at 2:16am.
vinicius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2009, 9:13am   #70
Joined Sep 2004
Actually, until assorted muppets started using it as a sounding board for their childishness, I think this thread was a perfect example of what can be good on T2W. A poster came on to talk about getting a bloomberg terminal. It was obviously way too advanced / feature rich for his needs, and now he has a well specced alternative to look at. People who actually use Bloomberg chimed in and gave sensible advice (mostly). What more do you want?